Experience the difference of "Elite".

Restricting check-in/check-out on holidays

Joel P
Sep 28, 2023 10:20 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

While not specifically applied to holidays, we do have the a change imminent for Spot Rate changeover restrictions which should provide similar functionality: Changeover gap for select dates only

Alece
Mar 20, 2021 5:58 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 160 posts

I'd love to be able merge the functionalities of the Holiday Lists/Settings and the Season Rules. I prefer to restrict arrival/departure on major holidays. (Who wants to turn over a property on Christmas Day?! Not me!) To accomplish this now, I have to create a Season that is simply the day of each of these holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, etc.) and then utilize the changeover restrictions option to block arrivals/departures on those dates. And then I need to remember to repeat this for each new calendar year. It would be more ideal if on the holiday list(s) we're subscribed to, we can select specific holidays and add arrival/departure restrictions directly there. #Gamechanger

Joshua L
Jan 6, 2022 8:23 PM
Joined Dec, 2021 4 posts

This would be a great feature to add.  So you create a separate season for each holiday and restrict check-in and check-out for that day only?  How does this work for thanksgiving which isn’t the same date of the month?  Do you have to update it every year?

Alece
Jan 7, 2022 10:36 AM

Hey Joshua! Yes, right now my workaround is to manually create a separate season for each holiday and then restrict check-in/out for that day only. These seasons have to be year specific in order for them to fall on a specific date, so yep, that also means I need to update it every year. It's a LOT, but it's the only workaround I could think of!

Alece
Jan 7, 2022 10:36 AM

Hey Joshua! Yes, right now my workaround is to manually create a separate season for each holiday and then restrict check-in/out for that day only. These seasons have to be year specific in order for them to fall on a specific date, so yep, that also means I need to update it every year. It's a LOT, but it's the only workaround I could think of!

Jay M
Jan 23, 2022 8:16 PM
Joined Dec, 2021 2 posts

Do you create it for the week or just the date?  So if you didn't want someone checking out Christmas you'd create for Dec 25th 2022 and not allow check out on a Sunday? 

Joshua L
Jan 23, 2022 8:27 PM
Joined Dec, 2021 4 posts

I created a season for each holiday I wanted to restrict and then you uncheck whether check in is allowed or not.  As far as I can tell, for holidays that fall on the same date (Christmas, New Years, etc) you only have to set it once.  For holidays that the date changes (Labor Day, Thanksgiving, etc).  You have to manually change it every year.

Stacia and Larry M
Jan 23, 2022 8:34 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 15 posts

We have the season set for a few days before and after (depending on the holiday) and then limit the check in/check out including several days. 

so as an example we have Christmas set as 12/23-12/26 with no checkin or out on the 24th or 25th.  

Dori123
Jan 25, 2022 12:51 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

I would add that essential to this is the ability to prohibit "flips" on certain holidays. 

I have a ski rental, so it is common for groups to check in or check out on holidays. I want to continue to allow either a check-in or a check-out on those days, but not both. 

redexecgal
Jan 25, 2022 1:35 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 7 posts

I would add that essential to this is the ability to prohibit "flips" on certain holidays. 

I have a ski rental, so it is common for groups to check in or check out on holidays. I want to continue to allow either a check-in or a check-out on those days, but not both. 

by Dori123 – Jan 25, 2022 5:51 PM (UTC)

I would like to be able to prohibit check outs or corresponding check in on holidays. Too hard to cover holidays. If someone checks out and the next day is a holiday, automatically block. Only a manual override would work. 

Zach S
Sep 1, 2023 1:34 PM
Joined Aug, 2023 8 posts

yes!!! I don't want my guests checking out on Christmas day. I would rather not have to ask my cleaners to come in that day. Same with Thanksgiving. You can do this within Airbnb, but the problem is, I'm afraid that everytime my pricing syncs each night, it might override this. I've noticed that my discounts were overwritten when it synce. Fortunatley I figured out how to create the length of stay discounts within Owner Rez, but I have not figured out how to prevent check outs or check ins or specific days.

Jenny O
Sep 28, 2023 10:08 AM
Joined Aug, 2022 15 posts

I think this is the right way to go.  I'm good with them arriving or departing on the holiday - we can get it ready a day sooner or clean up a day later - just wouldn't want a flip.  so 3 options: no check-ins, no check-outs, no flips.  You can choose one or more...

Joel P
Sep 28, 2023 10:20 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

While not specifically applied to holidays, we do have the a change imminent for Spot Rate changeover restrictions which should provide similar functionality: Changeover gap for select dates only