Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cleaning Service Expense Date

Alece
Mar 3, 2021 10:17 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 160 posts

I'd love for the system to auto-assign the date of the cleaning service expenses for the booking checkout date rather than the check-in date (as it currently does). When a stay extends into the following month, it's helpful to have the expense logged in the correct month in which it is paid.

Ken T
Mar 3, 2021 10:35 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We've decided to leave cleaning scheduling functionality to our housekeeping scheduling partners for the moment:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview

Alece
Mar 3, 2021 11:08 PM

@Ken - Sorry for not being more clear -- I'm not at all talking about the actual scheduling of cleanings. In the PM module, OR automatically assigns/creates a cleaning expense for each booking. The date it auto-assigns is the first day of the booking rather than the last day. Then owner statements and other reports mistakenly display the expense in the wrong month on stays that start in one month and end in another. (If I could attach screenshots here to explain further, I would!)

Lorraine W
Mar 4, 2021 2:03 PM
Joined Mar, 2021 8 posts

Where will I find this feature? I'm trying to set up cleaning service expense per booking but I can't find it!

Sarah H
Mar 5, 2021 4:11 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Are you trying to set what is charged to the guest, or what is charged to the owner?

Alece
Mar 18, 2021 12:40 PM

@Joe - I've got the cleaning charges set up (both the amounts charged to the guest as well as what is charged to the owner). The challenge lies in running owner statements (in the PM module) as it expenses the cleaning on the date of the guest arrival rather than the departure. For bookings that overlap months, it creates an accounting debacle. I can correct it manually by adjusting the cleaning charge date for each individual booking when this occurs but it would be super helpful to have it always add the expense date as the end of the stay rather than the beginning.

Andree M
Feb 3, 2022 11:27 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 11 posts

I am in agreement with this request. An option to have the cleaning expense posted as the departure date is definitely needed in PM. Charging for the cleaning in a month before the service is rendered is problematic.

Alece
Feb 3, 2022 11:28 AM

I am in agreement with this request. An option to have the cleaning expense posted as the departure date is definitely needed in PM. Charging for the cleaning in a month before the service is rendered is problematic.

by Andree M – Feb 3, 2022 4:27 PM (UTC)

YES YES YES.

Joel P
Feb 3, 2022 1:06 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

Good news! This is a planned feature that we've actively developed on. Please keep an eye on our change log!