Experience the difference of "Elite".

Different Titles

Chuck K
Mar 3, 2021 2:32 AM
Joined Oct, 2019 83 posts

It has recently come up that having the ability to having unique property titles for each channel would be helpful. Not all channels have the same types of clientele and different text works better/worse on channels.

Ken T
Mar 3, 2021 3:57 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Depending on exactly what you're trying to do, you can sort of accomplish this, because Airbnb uses the various fields differently:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-property-field-differences

Chuck K
Mar 3, 2021 6:33 AM

Maybe I am sloppy, or maybe because it is 1:30am, but where in OR is "Listing Title"? I think I looked everywhere.

Ken T
Mar 3, 2021 1:17 PM

It's not - that's what Airbnb and TA call it. In OwnerRez, that's the Headline field.

Chuck K
Mar 3, 2021 3:29 PM

Ken: thanks for being so quick, but maybe my request is misunderstood? Or, I am misinterpreting your response (most likely).

I am pretty familiar with the field-difference chart by now (and it is a godsend!). But I am asking for the ability to have a different title, or headline as it were, for different channels. Something like:

AirBNB: Set your dial to RELAX at this cozy log cabin w/hot tub, fire pit, 2 gas fireplaces. It is so secluded that you cannot even SEE another cabin!

Vrbo: Secluded - Hot Tub - Fire Pit - Fast Internet

As it is now, the HEADLINE is mapped to both of these meaning 1 title/headline across all. This is especially valuable since Airbnb allows up to 255 while Vrbo is only 80 (as is the OR website).

So how about a property HEADLINE field (or PROPERTY TITLE) for each channel?

Ken T
Mar 3, 2021 4:06 PM

Oh, OK, you explicitly want to have separate fields for each channel. Gotcha.

Chuck K
Mar 3, 2021 4:09 PM

Exactly. I guess you could just leave the DESCRIPTION page as is and perhaps add it under Channel Rules or under API Integration where, if left blank, DESCRIPTION page entry is used? Not sure, but you guys are good at this.

Shawn H
Jun 22, 2022 9:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 205 posts

Hi Chuck! We're presently doing some work around this. We hope to have something out by end of 3rd quarter of the calendar year at the latest!

-Shawn