Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cleaning Schedule/Date, Portal Access, Dashboard

Emma B
Feb 26, 2021 6:50 PM
Joined Mar, 2019 5 posts

I apologize if this request is already out here but I have looked through them and didn't see one.

1) Ability to grant users (cleaner/housekeeping) access to change the cleaning date
2) Ability to create a cleaning dashboard with a calendar type view that would show the scheduled cleaning date
3) Grant users access to Stays report

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Sincerely,
Emma B

Ken T
Feb 26, 2021 7:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

It is unlikely we'll be adding more sophistication to our cleaning scheduling soon, if ever, because we integrate with several excellent companies that do a first-class job of housekeeping and maintenance scheduling:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview

Granting Portal Access users access to the Stays report makes sense, and likely will come along eventually.

Larry R
Nov 27, 2021 6:05 PM
Joined Mar, 2021 4 posts

I think the first step on this would be to simply allow housekeepers access to the stay reports, which already exist. I would not consider this "requiring more sophistication". That would be great added value for the users of the software. To take it up a notch from there, creating a "daily report" that could be expanded for up to 7 days (or longer) would effectively mirror the report that we give housekeepers now. Our problem is that once we cease using our own database for reservations, we lose our automated cleaning report.... If a client needs more "sophistication", then by all means they can use one of the partners that specialize in housekeeping software, but on first glance, this adds $5/unit/month that seems like an unnecessary additional expense. We have been very impressed with all of the features of the OR software, it seems to have solutions for almost everything, the one exception being the ability to allow housekeepers access to the information they need. Sure we can print the reports and send them to the cleaners, but this seems like an unnecessary step considering the report is already in place and is just an access issue.

Ken T
Nov 30, 2021 5:45 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, that makes sense, and should be doable, though as always I don't have an ETA.

Mila M
Mar 30, 2023 7:17 PM
Joined May, 2022 7 posts

I just want to add that I tried virtually any housekeeping app available, even those that does not integrate with OR. I didn’t find any of those useful and valuable. 

I think I simple option for the cleaner to add a dot or a tag or a letter to the cleaning day: Confirmed, Complete, which would show in the main booking list will be extremely useful and I great start, without complicated developing.