Experience the difference of "Elite".

EXPENSES - Add Property Manager Expense Association

Randy H
Feb 7, 2021 4:35 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 44 posts

It would be great if we could track business expenses that are not related to a specific property or booking.

Associate with profile maybe?

Ken T
Feb 8, 2021 1:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

But you can - an Expense can just be associated with a particular owner, not a booking or property.

Randy H
Feb 8, 2021 2:35 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 44 posts

True - actually that will work for what I need - this can be removed from feature request

30Ez
Feb 8, 2021 8:19 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 6 posts

But what if the expense is just part of the commission you get. Would be good to be able to track them to see a report later for taxes?

Chris Hynes
Feb 9, 2021 10:59 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Can you explain a bit more? I'm not quite sure how an expense that is in commission would work.

If it's commission, it would be broken down in the reports under commission already. If it's an expense, it would separate out that way.

Sarah H
Feb 9, 2021 3:43 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

30Ez said:

But what if the expense is just part of the commission you get. Would be good to be able to track them to see a report later for taxes?

I don't quiet understand that part.
Are you saying - if you have expenses to run your business, you want to put them into OR?
For example: if you do some additional advertising not charged to owners- are you looking for a spot in OR for that?

30Ez
Feb 9, 2021 4:06 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 6 posts

Yes, just thinking out loud. We changed our commission rate and included hospitality extras like paper towels, toilet paper, laundry pods, soaps, shampoos etc. So now it's no longer an expense for the owners and we don't track them that way on their statements but it would be handy if we could keep track of the expense for ourselves in OR. They wouldn't be for owners, properties or bookings but would be part of the monthly PM breakdown. Am I making sense?