Experience the difference of "Elite".

Any way to categorize guests as Sub-Customers in QuickBooks?

Dori123
Feb 1, 2021 3:12 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

When OR creates a guest record and passes it to Quickbooks, is there any way to automate that the guest is a sub-customer of a property, rather than a full customer?

TIA

Paul W
Feb 1, 2021 9:28 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Dori,

Currently, no - there's no way of doing that. However, that's an interesting idea where the property is the customer and each guest is a sub-customer of that.

I changed your topic here in the forum to a feature request so that you can up-vote if you'd like.

Dori123
Feb 1, 2021 9:37 PM

Thanks, Paul.

The traditional way in QB (or so I understand) was to set up each Property with Tenants as a "Customer" and "Job." That allows you to roll all your tenants up under each property for analysis and reporting.

In QBO, they don't use the "Job" terminology any more; they use the term "Sub-Customer."

I'd really appreciate if you all could automate the guests to be entered into QB as a Sub-Customer of a Customer.

Thanks!

Emma B
Feb 26, 2021 6:26 PM
Joined Mar, 2019 5 posts

Hi Dori,
I believe the new recommended way is to turn on your location tracking in QB online. Once this feature is turned on you can link the locations in your OR QB property settings.

Hope this helps!

Dori123
Dec 10, 2021 7:20 PM

Hi Emma:
I just saw this! Where do I map it on the OR side? I see the "Location" area in the Property setting. But how can I map that to one of the locations in my list on the QB side?
Thanks for your help!

Maine Cottage Ke
Feb 12, 2022 4:25 PM
Joined Dec, 2020 13 posts

I add a Property for each property, a Customer for the Owner, & then the Guest as Sub-Customers of the Owner. To enable the trust accounting, I also have a corresponding Vendor record for the Owner, where I create a bill for each booking, including the commission, making all the guest charges billable. Then when I settle up each month, I have all the proper debits & credits in Quickbooks. It would be nice to have a more robust integration to enable this, as well as other linking in Quickbooks to Guests/Owners/Properties/Classes to eliminate duplicate entries.

Ocean Zen
Feb 25, 2023 1:02 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 70 posts

Hi everyone,

I have included this in the list mentioned below. I am trying to create urgency with addressing Quickbooks Integration / Accounting issues in OR by having all key stakeholders join together to create a louder voice. To do so I have tried to summarize all the open issues in this theme and have created one master feature request that I am asking everyone that would like to see this addressed cast a vote for so we concentrate our voting and allow OR to see the magnitude of the need. I do have some ideas for a rapid resolution but at this time want to focus on identifying and prioritizing the issues/problems and have OR engage in prioritizing this fix.

The comprehensive thread is that this Feature request (full link below). If you feel this is a need PLEASE VOTE. If you have any additions, corrections, or comments please reply and I will try to keep the top post updated.

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/go/70573

Thank you for your support and lets get a roadmap for this once and for all!!

Manel