Experience the difference of "Elite".

Different Property Description for VRBO and OR hosted website

This request is a duplicate of Hosted Website Only Descriptions and Headlines
Shawn H
May 20, 2022 1:38 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 206 posts

This is a duplicate of another topic so merging them together.

JLB Properties
Jan 22, 2021 7:40 PM
Joined Nov, 2020 15 posts

I have VRBO API and exactly what I fill out in my property description in OR gets published to VRBO. However I want more details (ex "see my other VRBO listing #...) to be in the VRBO description, but not on my website that is hosted by OR. I can't simply go into VRBO and edit just the description there because once I have the API in place it does not allow it, I can only edit in OR which gets pushed to VRBO but also my website. Can we implement a way to separate these?

Ken T
Jan 22, 2021 8:45 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1551 posts

Not all property fields are used the same way by all the channels. You may find a way to accomplish what you want via this table:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-property-field-differences

JLB Properties
Jan 29, 2021 8:37 PM
Joined Nov, 2020 15 posts

I want a place to put it in OR, that doesnt show up on my website, and only shows up on VRBO...according to the table I dont see that...? It appears everything in OR shows up on the website, unless I'm mistaken?

Chris Hynes
Jan 30, 2021 12:04 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Most of the fields are shared. We have a todo list item to allow you to create different field versions for different channels vs the hosted website, but no ETA on that yet.

The Location Description and Other Activities fields currently go to Vrbo but not the hosted website -- you could put the information in there.

Kim E
Mar 11, 2022 10:15 AM
Joined Feb, 2022 6 posts

I have a need to put a warning on my Vrbo listing... Because scammers are rampant on Facebook... Vrbo listings are getting stolen by scammers using them on facebook... and people are getting scammed by communicating only via facebook.  The only way I have protected guests from this, is to put special text in the Headline and Description on Vrbo. Vrbo will not let me put a text or watermark on photos. I really need to be able to edit these separately from the OR website.

***You MUST message me via VRBO to confirm your booking for this VRBO listing. My calendar is up to date.*** I DO NOT USE a Property Manager. And I DO NOT USE this VRBO link on Facebook.

Shawn H
May 20, 2022 1:38 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 206 posts

This is a duplicate of another topic so merging them together.

Alece
Jan 31, 2023 3:16 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 165 posts

The Location Description and Other Activities fields currently go to Vrbo...

Chris, the Location Description field is not pushing out to any of my Vrbo listings. Not from the Default Descriptions tab or even if I override that with a Vrbo tab. What can I do to get that information to populate in my Vrbo listings? 

Ken T
Feb 3, 2023 11:23 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1551 posts

Please write in to the Helpdesk with specific screenshots and URLs showing the difference, so we can investigate.