Experience the difference of "Elite".

Quote and block dates

Paul W
Sep 24, 2021 9:23 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

This is now finished and out live. Quotes can now hold dates. Read the announcement here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/refundable-security-deposits-quotes-can-hold-dates-batch-update-for-qb-sync

Cynthia1067
Jan 11, 2021 5:34 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 4 posts

Not sure if this has already been posted, couldn't find with a quick search.

I would love an option where I can quote and HOLD thereby blocking the dates for people who I know are going to book and I don't want someone else swooping in and doing instant booking while they are finalizing their plans with the quote I've already sent.

Kelly M
Jul 15, 2021 12:58 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 26 posts

This is the #1 most needed and desired feature for me!! I really need a way to allow guests to complete the booking process while holding the dates.

Layla D
Aug 9, 2021 9:24 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 7 posts

This feature would be amazing. Currently I tell potential guests multiple times that a quote does not block off dates. Inevitably someone waits to complete the quote and it gets booked out from under them. I don't want a quote to always block dates, but to be able to toggle the option would be best.

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 10, 2021 10:19 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I never hold any dates for anyone unless they paid the deposit. Paid - booked; not paid - not booked. 1st come, 1st serve. Otherwise it will be a perpetual "check's in the mail" game.

KEH
Aug 12, 2021 12:28 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Can see how this would be useful for those with instant book on.

Especially if someone is requesting to book a long stay but needs to ask some questions before committing, then bang some one books a few nights stay in the middle of there requested dates so make the longer stay impossible.

Think it would work best if it was an option box to tick when quoting, rather than be automatic. i.e. do you want to block these dates? Yes/No. How long for? X days

Kelly M
Aug 18, 2021 10:48 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 26 posts

@BlueMtnCabins - one example of when this was needed in my experience was I had a guest who wanted to book for 3 weeks. That's a huge booking and definitely something I want to make sure to put a hold on until they could complete the payment! But, they couldn't finalize the quote and complete the payment if I had dates blocked to prevent someone else from booking a 1 night stay and ruining my 3 week highly valuable booking.

We definitely need to be able to have the option to hold dates when sending a quote.

Paul W
Aug 31, 2021 2:22 PM

Hi everyone, you'll notice this request has been changed to Planned status. It's actually past planning and dev, and in testing right now. Should be out live in a month or so, maybe less.

Paul W
Sep 24, 2021 9:18 AM

This is now finished and out live. Read the announcement here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/refundable-security-deposits-quotes-can-hold-dates-batch-update-for-qb-sync

Paul W
Sep 24, 2021 9:23 AM

This is now finished and out live. Quotes can now hold dates. Read the announcement here: