Experience the difference of "Elite".

Multi-language platform.

Ken T
Sep 28, 2022 8:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1545 posts

Yes, we do plan on adding multi-language capabilities for property listings, as well as (in the longer term) for OwnerRez overall.  We've been making some structural changes to support this, so you'll see additional features over time.

Fabian Z
Jan 7, 2021 8:24 PM
Joined Nov, 2020 20 posts

I switched from Lo... to OwnerRez and am very happy.
The ONE feature I am actually missing is being able to have my site in different languages since I manage multiple properties in the Miami market and we get a lot of people visiting from South America.

I can even help with the translations if needed :)

Bernard C
May 20, 2021 3:49 AM
Joined May, 2021 2 posts

I am actually making an assessment of Ownerrez (on a mock website) and studied its features before asked several questions etc. It never came to my mind that it was not multi-language... What a pity, because so far it looks great.
I hope it's on its way as there is no way using a booking system for international tourism without multi-language.

Ken T
May 20, 2021 10:42 AM

We're working in this direction, for sure. At the moment, most browsers support auto-translation capability, and our new Tags feature makes it possible to have different email templates in different languages that are used for different properties or specific guests.

Bernard C
May 21, 2021 2:54 AM
Joined May, 2021 2 posts

Thanks Ken.
In the meantime I have seen that the enquiry widget (for instance) can be set in different languages. It's a debut but other pages/steps to bookings remain in English.

Ken T
May 21, 2021 9:35 AM

Well put! It is, as you say, a debut - we know there is much more work to be done in this area, and it will be done by degrees over time.

Team Vacation Rentals Cape Coral B
Jan 16, 2022 3:55 PM
Joined Nov, 2021 1 post

I would also love to have the possibility to have OwnerRez in another language than English only.

I manage a website for vacation rentals in Florida, but almost half of our guests are German. Most of them don't speak English, so the German translation is really necessary. Up to now I did not find a way yet to have the language selector on my website work flawless. I can view pages in German, but when I click an available house, I get automatically forwarded to the English version.

Does anyone know how to solve that? (for the property there's only one URL available)

A previous booking provider had the option to have the property page translated. That did the trick. 

I hope OwnerRez will really make multi language available.

Maarten H
Sep 22, 2022 10:22 AM
Joined Jul, 2022 18 posts

VRBO Spain, where my listing is, are asking me for to add in my PMS (OwnerRez) as headline and description in Spanish. This is a requirement to activate the API sync. I don't think it is unreasonable, Vrbo will want to cater for the local market in Spanish not English.

They say most PMS have that option. However, I do not see it. How can I achieve this? 

UPDATE: per suggestion of the OR Helpdesk, I created another listing specifically for the Vrbo Spain API connection. It is actually quite easy to create a Duplicate and then batch copy the rates.

Ken T
Sep 28, 2022 8:56 PM

Yes, we do plan on adding multi-language capabilities for property listings, as well as (in the longer term) for OwnerRez overall.  We've been making some structural changes to support this, so you'll see additional features over time.

Lara Z
Jun 13, 2023 1:07 AM
Joined Mar, 2023 1 post

Hi Ken.  Has Owner Rez set up anything in Spanish?  I see that these post are over a year old.  I have a renter who is a Spanish speaker that I'm trying to send me lease agreement to, but I only see the English version, is there a way for me to send a Spanish copy, or can I manually enter a Google translated version to send to her?

Adria H
Jun 13, 2023 1:19 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2022 119 posts

We do not currently have multi-language support; however, you can create that Spanish Rental Agreement and send that to the guest via the legal tab on the booking. If you have questions about how to specifically do that, write in to Help@OwnerReservations.com.

Shawn H
Aug 11, 2023 9:03 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 206 posts

[Another topic was closed as a duplicate of this topic (Multiple Language Capabilities)]

Suzy T
Aug 13, 2023 1:05 PM
Joined May, 2022 21 posts

Hello Owner Rez, any updates as to when the platform will be available in other languages? 

Shawn H
Aug 20, 2023 9:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 206 posts

Hello Owner Rez, any updates as to when the platform will be available in other languages? 

by Suzy T – Aug 13, 2023 5:05 PM (UTC)

Multi-language is on the roadmap as an important piece to tackle but it's not in development as of yet. If it received more votes, we'd get to it more quickly but for now it's on the roadmap to be tackled as soon as we can.

Suzy T
Aug 21, 2023 8:06 AM
Joined May, 2022 21 posts

Thanks for the update.  Of course it's chicken and egg, if you have multi-language, you can expect to attract more interest and business from other countries, especially Latin America, but if you don't then it's unlikely those people will sign up in the first place as it's not multi-language. 

For the most part, I send out translated message in two languages (English and Spanish), but there are of course many things that I am not able to translate as they are system based and only in English. 

Todd
Nov 27, 2023 11:39 AM
Joined Nov, 2022 1 post

I thought that multi-language was in development having read that it is was priority in other threads much (years) older. I have all of my messages in German, but the OwnerRez payment, Rental Agreement info, at least one messaging function (gap-night), etc. is all in English. I have had guests who've complained that it is intimidating to them. I ask that this become a priority as it may be costing me bookings.

Bruno H
Dec 26, 2023 2:12 PM
Joined Dec, 2023 1 post

I fully agree.  I have been analysing different systems and Ownerrez offers far the most features and is the most advanced tool but it is missing one very important aspect to make it on e.g. the european market: milti-language!

Ken T
Dec 28, 2023 11:59 AM

Making OwnerRez fully multi-language is a huge task that touches everything.  It's not really a "once and done" sort of thing.

However, I can assure you that we are making progress towards this goal all the time.  Much of that work isn't immediately visible, it's adding capabilities to the underlying systems, only a little of which surfaces visibly.  From time to time you'll get an additional feature that's useful for multiple languages, and, eventually it'll all get there.