Experience the difference of "Elite".

Scheduling payments for long-term stays BEFORE booking

Chris L
Dec 25, 2020 2:29 PM
Joined May, 2017 200 posts

Thanks to COVID, we're seeing a higher number of multi-month stays (travel nurses, corporate bookings, etc.).

Taking these bookings is a bit of a pain because the property's default payment rules apply (e.g. 50% or even 100% of the *full stay* due at the time of booking, depending on how far in advance they book), and there's no way to change this in the quote.

When sending a quote, I've resorted to changing the payment method to "Check" and telling the guest I'll set up the payment schedule and send a request for the credit card manually after they complete the booking. Invariably, this causes confusion on their part and annoyance on mine because I often have to chase them down for payment, etc.

It would be nice to be able to override the default payment rules on a per-quote basis so that the system correctly prompts them for the first payment and everything at the time of booking. (Ideally, automatically handling monthly stays a la Airbnb would be nice, but I understand that might be challenging because the current way that the charges are set up doesn't really tie a particular rate to a particular period of time.)

Jamie and Allison L
Nov 22, 2022 3:44 PM
Joined Apr, 2022 1 post

I'm in the same predicament. We have a 4 month long stay being paid via an insurance claim.  I want to just have the insurance pay monthly but I could only send them a full bill.  

Tim K
Dec 2, 2022 11:45 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 73 posts

Been on the list for years.....add your vote and maybe they will move it up the priority list.

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/payment-schedules