Experience the difference of "Elite".

Airbnb House Manual

Valerie R
Nov 22, 2020 12:03 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hello,

Thanks for all of the new features and improvements you are making on the Airbnb CRM in OwnerRez. I love being able to communicate through the "Airbnb messaging" system right from my OwnerRez account, as well as being able to submit a review from there as well.

It's always been a mystery to me what the guest sees on their side of the booking when they look at the house manual on their booking through the Airbnb app. And it is a little bit confusing in OwnerRez what the Airbnb guest sees if the OwnerRez account is using the Airbnb API. Because I'm not sure, I've added driving directions and internet information in the House Manual field, because I'm not sure if they can see those other fields from their booking in the Airbnb app.

I've noticed lately that you've added little Airbnb logos on the Guest Instructions page, so I assume that is meant to indicate that that field is applicable to Airbnb. However, it is a little confusing, because it is not clear if the field above or below the Airbnb logo is the one being flagged as used by Airbnb.

For example, we know that the "House Manual" field is expressly used by Airbnb. The Airbnb logo is located underneath that field.

If we follow that logic then the other fields that have the Airbnb logo underneath are:

Check-in Instructions
Driving Directions

I don't think that is correct, through. The Check-in Instructions are the same as the information in the House Manual so I don't think the Airbnb guest sees both when they look at the house manual in their booking on the Airbnb app.

What I think the Airbnb guest might be seeing when they look at the House Manual through the Airbnb app for their booking are the House Manual field, the Driving Directions field and the Internet Info field. If this is correct, then maybe the little Airbnb logo should be moved below the Driving Directions field and the Internet Info field instead of above them.

I'd like to make a suggestion that maybe a link could be added to either the "Related Activity" or the "Conversation with (Guest)" sections under the booking in CRM that leads to the House Manual as it is shown to the guest on the Airbnb app (that includes all of the applicable fields). This will help us actually see what the guest sees when they look at the House Manual for their booking.

Chris Hynes
Nov 23, 2020 9:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

All of those fields marked to go to Airbnb on the Description tab do go to Airbnb. You can see the details in this article: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-property-field-differences

I'm not sure how the Airbnb guest sees each field -- Airbnb changes that from time to time -- but if you go to the listing in Airbnb and look at the "Listing details" tab you'll see what's set for each field, including Directions, Check-in instructions, House manual etc.

Valerie R
Nov 23, 2020 10:47 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Chris,

I find it confusing why the Airbnb guest should see the "Check-in instructions" as well as the "House Manual"....aren't those two fields supposed to contain the same information? Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the Airbnb house manual. I thought the purpose was to send check-in instructions to Airbnb guests.

If so, then why do they see both fields? If anyone else is reading this, I'm curious to know what you put in your House Manual field that is not already included in the Check-in instructions field?

I took your advice and went to take a look at one of my listings that uses the Airbnb API and you are right, I see both the Check-in Instructions as well as the House Manual fields. I also see Driving Instructions as well as Wifi Details (although the OwnerRez Internet Info field is not marked with the Airbnb symbol). But I actually think the wifi info is what was entered in the Airbnb field before the API because the field in OwnerRez has more information than is being shown on the Airbnb listing.

Unless I can understand what other information the House Manual should contain than the Check-in instructions, since the Check-in instructions are being shown in the Listing Details of the listing then I supposed I'll just wipe out the House Manual information. Makes no sense to show that information twice.

I just hope that the fact that it is showing on "Listing Details" means the guest really can see that information on their booking in the Airbnb app.

Chris Hynes
Nov 23, 2020 4:22 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, Airbnb's got a bit of a hodgepodge going now, stuff they've added over time. They're working on sorting it out, but that's a longer process, particularly them making changes and then making those new methods available via API.

Last time I did an Airbnb booking as a guest, I recall getting an email with the check-in instructions and driving instructions, and then the house manual being available to me in the app during the stay. According to Airbnb: https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/1484/listing-details -- house manual is info about how to use amenities at your listing, etc. during their stay. And then the check-in instructions, directions etc. would be separate information about how to get there.

Larry B
Apr 28, 2021 11:07 AM
Joined Dec, 2020 6 posts

I am having issues where my internet /wifi info is not available in AirBNB nor is my guest manual. It be great if you just had one long page where all this stuff was added. I have people asking me to send them wifi instructions constantly.

Paul W
Apr 30, 2021 8:43 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Larry,

Check the Guest Instructions tab under the property sidebar in OwnerRez. We have house manual, wifi type fields there and those flow over to Airbnb automatically.