Experience the difference of "Elite".

Option to disable automatic messaging triggers on specific bookings

Chris L
Oct 16, 2020 5:07 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

I have a series of messaging triggers that send several follow-up messages to guests after check-in and before/after check-out.

When a guest reports a problem, the communication becomes a bit more touchy. It's awkward to deal with a problem and try to placate the guest and then a few hours later, the guest gets an ebullient message saying, "I hope you're having a five-star stay!" Sometimes in those cases, being silent and just making it through to the end of their stay is the lowest-key way to avoid further issues.

There's already a "Guest has a problem" checkbox in the Notes screen of each booking. It would be great to leverage that so that if the box is checked, then corresponding messaging triggers can be tagged to "do not send if guest has problem." That would make some interactions a little smoother. :)

Ken T
Oct 16, 2020 5:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

That's an excellent idea, which I'll pass along. In the meantime, we just released a new "Tags" feature for bookings that can be tied in to Triggers. So, you could create a "problem" tag, and then build that into the trigger to not send the email if the guest or booking has that tag.