Experience the difference of "Elite".

Custom Field to link to trigger

Valerie R
Sep 4, 2020 11:43 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hello,

It would be nice if we could link a trigger to a custom field, such as "ID provided". If this existed I could create a trigger to send the Check-in instructions when (1) the booking is paid in full, (2) Rental agreement is signed AS WELL AS when (3) the ID has been provided (which they system could validate if the custom field was checked or filled in with YES or something.)

Or, we could create a trigger to send a request for them to sign the rental agreement & provide their ID if there is no signed agreement on file and the custom field for ID is not checked.

I can think of quite a few uses for this kind of usability.

Ken T
Sep 9, 2020 4:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, this type of functionality is planned for the future, particularly involving the new tags.

Jim F
Mar 10, 2021 5:39 PM
Joined Feb, 2018 4 posts

Just want to agree this would be a great feature and I would certainly use it.

SBF VR
Aug 7, 2021 12:24 PM
Joined Jul, 2018 26 posts

I want the trigger for both situations: custom field has a value, custom field does not have a value. I use it for the door code to send to the guest, so I want an email message that comes to me if I didn't set the door code at least a week in advance of their arrival, and another email message to send the door code to them once the custom door code field is set and other conditions (like getting the security deposit) are fulfilled.

Nick S
Feb 10, 2024 4:04 PM
Joined Sep, 2023 3 posts

Would be good to be able to reference a date that an email is planned (e.g. date that guest will receive the welcome pack).