Experience the difference of "Elite".

Need better reporting system

Tim
Jul 22, 2020 12:30 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 44 posts

Now that you have rolled out full AirBNB and VRBO/HA integration, you've positioned yourself where we (owners/PMs) can use OwnerRez as a single point of management. And I thank you for that! But because of that, you need to up your game on the reporting front. :) Would like to see a much more flexible reporting engine, including saving custom reports. Thank you!

Pedro T
Aug 17, 2020 2:04 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 49 posts

I agree. I'd especially like the ability to group line item charges and discern between surcharges. Surcharges for extra guests vs. cleaning fees for instance, one which is really rent and the other which is an expense.
The ability to change some total cells to averages instead for ADR and ADG like in my other suggestion on this forum would be highly appreciated as well.

Fenwick Vacation
Aug 21, 2020 12:04 AM
Joined May, 2018 20 posts

YES! Custom reports ASAP please!

Matt K
Mar 30, 2024 12:15 PM
Joined Dec, 2020 20 posts

There are at least 3 feature request for this type of thing. Please go vote for the other feature requests.

Also give specifics about what features you are interested in seeing in the reports.

Matt K
Mar 30, 2024 12:52 PM
Joined Dec, 2020 20 posts

Being able to pull data from disabled properties should be a basic feature for generating reports as well.

Read this forum discussion

Undercard_Wonder
4 days ago
Joined Nov, 2023 44 posts

I am experiencing pain right now running my property manager reports, my PM Statement:

1. Can't group by property, which means I have to do it by hand.

2. "Full Details" View doesn't include guest or property name, just the booking ref.  The "Owner View" does include those details, but not others.  They should be labeled the "Some Details" View and the "Some Other Details" View.

3. No customization possible.

A more flexible, user-configurable reporting system is definitely needed.  I'm just starting out and already I'm running into inefficient processes (for me).  If I double my business I will be spending w-a-a-y more time manually adding, subtracting, checking totals, and reconciling than I would with a flexible reporting system.  A better system would save me a lot of time and reduce inevitable errors.

This feature has my enthusiastic support.

P.S. At a minimum, give us the ability to export reports to Excel so that we can use it to produce what we need.

PacViewLodging
4 days ago
Joined Sep, 2019 76 posts

You can create a view for PM statements that allows you to select the columns to display.  PM Settings - Statement View

Also once you create an Owner Statement it can be downloaded...just click on it.  There is a download button at the top with options and one is Excel.

Undercard_Wonder
4 days ago
Joined Nov, 2023 44 posts

You can create a different View for Owner Statements, but not for PM Statements. I tried that.

I created a new view, but while it wasn't offered as an option for creating a PM Statement, it was available for an Owner Statement.  No user-created views are offered as an option when running a PM Statement. It's pretty clear that custom views are for Owner Statements only.

I didn't see a download to Excel button until I actually created the Statement instead of just previewing it.  That's at least a workaround, thanks for pointing that out.