Experience the difference of "Elite".

Widget to Display Photos

Joel P
Dec 29, 2020 12:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

While we don't have a straight html widget you can embed just anywhere, we do now offer a (beta) wordpress shortcode for the photo carousel.

If you've got the Hosted Sites premium feature you can setup the WordPress plugin and use the following to embed a photo carousel:

[ownerrez type="widget_photo_carousel" id="{YOUR PROPERTY ID}"]

SPSA
Jun 16, 2020 6:38 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 20 posts

Widgets are excellent!

I need a widget that I can insert on our reservations page. I want my guests to see all the photos of each and every property. Currently a guest can go to my reservation page https://sanjosecityrentals.com/furnished1bedroomapartments/ and see a list of all the property's. This pages uses Owner Rez widgets. However when the click "Details"...they don't see all the pictures of each property.

Any timeline on when this feature might be available?

Shaquan P
Nov 10, 2020 10:41 PM
Joined May, 2020 1 post

Yes, This would be very helpful

GetStay
Nov 27, 2020 3:40 PM
Joined May, 2020 20 posts

What you could do is use the (i) on photo's, and the cloudfront link on a slider.

Michael D
Nov 30, 2020 5:34 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 54 posts

Yes. And, the widget should update photo changes made in OR onto the website by the widget. The widget should import into the website the pictures, the caption and in the order, they are in the property section of OR.

Joel P
Dec 29, 2020 12:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

While we don't have a straight html widget you can embed just anywhere, we do now offer a (beta) wordpress shortcode for the photo carousel.

If you've got the Hosted Sites premium feature you can setup the WordPress plugin and use the following to embed a photo carousel:

[ownerrez type="widget_photo_carousel" id="{YOUR PROPERTY ID}"]

tdblanchard
Feb 8, 2021 6:57 PM
Joined Oct, 2020 10 posts

The Wordpress plugin doesn't work.
I can't activate it because whenever I go to Settings->Wordpress Plugin
It takes me to Hosted Website settings.
Are we supposed to pay for the use of the widget as a premium upgrade????

Ken T
Feb 8, 2021 8:17 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

Yes, the WordPress Plugin is a premium feature, part of the Hosted Website premium feature. You'll need to activate and pay for the Hosted Website premium feature in order to use it.

tdblanchard
Feb 8, 2021 8:38 PM

Why the heck would you pay for a hoisted website in order to use a plug-in on your own website hosted elsewhere???

Chris Hynes
Feb 9, 2021 12:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you want to upload the photos and content to your own website hosted elsewhere, then you don't need the plugin at all -- just upload the photos and write in the content on your site. The widgets included in the base plan will let you add calendars, rates, book now, etc.

The WordPress plugin is much more than that -- with the plugin, the photos aren't hosted on your site, they're hosted by OwnerRez, and all photo changes as well as descriptions, amenities, etc. that you change in OwnerRez are automatically updated to your WordPress site. That's why the WordPress plugin is a premium feature.

tdblanchard
Feb 9, 2021 3:17 PM

"The WordPress plugin is much more than that -- with the plugin, the photos aren't hosted on your site, they're hosted by OwnerRez, and all photo changes as well as descriptions, amenities, etc. that you change in OwnerRez are automatically updated to your WordPress site. That's why the WordPress plugin is a premium feature."
Same goes for the API connection between OR and the OTA's. If folks want to completely automate their websites with widgets, they should be able to do so with all of the properties data, not just booking data.

Just give the people what they want!

SPSA
Feb 9, 2021 8:40 PM

We really need to have our pictures on the website. Not static pictures. That is so 1980. If we change the pics in owner rez...why not make a widget that works in tandem with the existing...booking widget, calendar, etc. That page where it says "Details"..should have all our pictures. Still waiting for something on this.

Chandler S
Sep 28, 2022 3:16 PM
Joined Dec, 2019 30 posts

Is this still needed or does the Wordpress Plug-in accomplish the same thing?

SPSA
Sep 28, 2022 6:28 PM

Hello, we still need this. Don't see any plug in to accomplish this. When clicking "Details"..on that webpage that it opens...a person can insert static pictures that can be change manually. But there is no connection to OwnerRez. They are just pictures that we could upload to a wordpress page.

Ken T
Sep 28, 2022 10:54 PM

This is exactly what the WordPress plugin does:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/wordpress-plugin-overview

SPSA
Sep 28, 2022 11:10 PM

I went to that page. Ken. I’m already using all those widgets. They are great. But when a user clicks details there is currently no provision to show the photos of that particular unit. It doesn’t pull the photos form OwnerRez. I think that’s what we are taking about. The widgets stops there.  On my own website you will see I have the widgets but when clicking details no photos will appear.

https://sanpedrosquareapartments.com/furnishedstudioapartments/

anyways I thought that was the thrust of this request. I could be wrong. I have been working on a workaround which is on the page I manually upload videos and eventually photos to each apartment for rent. 

Ken T
Sep 29, 2022 10:37 AM

No, I think you must have followed a different link. My most recent posted link is not to the Widgets at all.  It's to the WordPress Plugin, which provides WordPress shortcodes you can use to directly access property information, specifically including the photos.

SPSA
Sep 29, 2022 11:31 AM

Hi Ken, so for that photo feature..is that a premium feature that we must first enable? Even though I use my own website through Wordpress...do I enable this feature and then somehow I can integrate this photo feature to our pages? Thanks for your patience. I am not technical as you can see. Trying to understand. 

Ken T
Sep 29, 2022 11:38 AM

Yes, to use the WordPress Plugin, you do have to enable the Hosted Sites premium feature.  You don't have to actually set up a standalone Hosted Website in OwnerRez, you just have to have the feature turned on.  Then you can configure and use the WordPress Plugin, which will give you what you want.

Chandler S
Sep 29, 2022 1:11 PM
Joined Dec, 2019 30 posts

Is this still needed or does the Wordpress Plug-in accomplish the same thing?

Ken T
Sep 29, 2022 1:17 PM

The WordPress Plugin does accomplish the intent of this feature request, if you are using WordPress.  If you are not using WordPress, it's no use to you.