Experience the difference of "Elite".

Floor Plans, potrait photos, search option for forums

CWV
May 23, 2020 10:06 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 57 posts

1) It would be really helpful to have a 'Floor plan' option on the hosted website along with photos, location, etc. We have PDF floor plans for our homes and no good way to display them - they are in portrait format so even if we saved them as a jpeg they still don't display fully.
2) Smaller areas need portrait photos like small bathrooms. There's no good way to showcase some areas without them being in portrait format
3) Been requested before....really need a way to search the forum. Feel like you guys answer the same question several times.
Thank you!

Lydia B
May 24, 2020 1:35 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

You can make your own tab called "Floor Plan" if you want - just go to Hosted Website Settings and choose "Create Page". Include it in the top menu, or as part of a drop-down list. I have portrait photos on pages I've created and they work great.

To search the forum you just go to the Support tab and type in your search words. It'll return everything, including Forum posts.

CWV
May 25, 2020 5:49 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 57 posts

Can't add tabs to property pages. If there is a way I can't find it. Thanks for the clarification on the search!

Russ
Apr 29, 2023 9:43 PM
Joined Jan, 2023 31 posts

+1 for floor plans

The option suggested above might work for single property hosted sites, but it's not a good method for those of us with multiple property hosted sites. Please correct me if I'm missing something there.

This could be a simple "Floor Plan" tab on the property page, or even easier - just a way to link to a PDF/Image of the floor plan - but we need a way to do this other than making the user scroll through 30-40 pictures to then view it in the wrong aspect ratio.

Please give us something here.

Ventura County V
Apr 30, 2023 1:05 AM
Joined Mar, 2022 115 posts

I have PNGs of my floorplans and have them in my photo gallery.  Would that suffice for your needs?

Russ
Apr 30, 2023 8:51 AM

Hi Ventura, this workaround is addressed above. The user has to scroll through all the pictures to get to this. It's also the wrong aspect ratio in some cases.

Floor plans are a very normal thing for guests to view when determining if a vacation rental meets their needs or not. Guests will often come back to the listing to validate floor plan layout needs and quick, easy access makes it easier for them to book.

Russ
Apr 30, 2023 9:05 AM

OwnerRez: I also have matterport tours that I need to link in my listings.  Is there a way to do that? 

You may want to give us a customizable tab/field so owners can put links or images to floor plans, external virtual tours, etc.

Caleb M
May 11, 2023 5:34 AM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 114 posts

Hello,

You have the ability to upload your floor plans as PDFs within your Account > Files page. This would allow you to grab the public URL for said file, and drop it into a menu on your Hosted Website.

After you've uploaded the file and grabbed the public URL, you'll go to Settings > Hosted Website > (select website name) > click +Create Menu in the Menu & Pages tab. The next screen will allow you to enter your Menu Display Text as you'd like it to appear in your website header, and just below that you'll see the Destination URL. That is where you'll drop the public URL from your Files.

Russ
May 11, 2023 10:12 AM

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for that info.  The problem is for multiple homes on a hosted site, this would mean multiple floor plans in the same PDF, or 4 different menus just for floor plans.  The floor plans would also be hidden in a menu, but some guests would probably not know where it is since it isn't listed on each property page.  For those reasons, having the floor plan tied to each property is preferable.  A simple link to the file uploaded above would be nice for each property.

Joel P
May 11, 2023 10:29 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

Hi Russ, have you tried customizing the Website override of your property description to include your floor plans as inline images?

Russ
May 11, 2023 10:36 AM

Hi Joel,

That will work for me!  I didn't realize overriding the OR Website was an option.  OwnerRez seems to strip out a lot of HTML when I tried doing collapsible sections with floor plans, also when I tried html modal popups with floor plans but uploading the images gets it done for now.

Ventura County V
May 11, 2023 2:59 PM
Joined Mar, 2022 115 posts

Russ, I've used the photo method and it works great on ABB, VRBO and my site.  The aspect ratio has been fine.  You can always move it higher in the photo list if that's an issue.