Experience the difference of "Elite".

Preview of new charges before recalculating them

Ken T
May 24, 2021 4:04 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Looks like we missed pointing out that this feature has been released:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/wordpress-plugin-beta-preview-charges-rentonly-discount-nontaxed-rent-holiday-criteria-igloo-locks-better-email-defaults

Chris L
May 8, 2020 2:54 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

It would be really nice to be able to see a preview of what the new charges would be if I click "recalculate charges" after making a change to a reservation (e.g. changing dates, etc.).

Sometimes a guest just wants to know how much a change will cost before confirming the change. Sometimes they want to change and I want to charge them more if the price goes up but I don't want to charge them less if the price goes down.

My current workaround is to open the original charges in a new tab and then manually adjust them back to the original amount if I don't like the new charges, but that's sort of clunky. Just being able to see a preview of the new charges before I accept the recalculation would be much easier. Even better if I could sort of "price out" a change before even saving the new dates.

Ken T
May 12, 2020 12:37 PM

Yes, this is a great idea, and something we're hoping to add in future work.

Chris L
Oct 25, 2020 7:03 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Replying to this thread because it's sort of related, but in addition to this, can you bring back the option to automatically recalculate charges when making changes to Vrbo reservations? That was removed for some inexplicable reason, and now I have to recalculate things manually when a Vrbo guest wants to add a night, which is a step backwards.

Chris Hynes
Oct 26, 2020 9:36 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep if we had the charge changing preview then we could let you recalc charges on Vrbo again. That's a great point!

We turned the change charges on move option off for Vrbo because Vrbo charges can be a bit different than what's in OwnerRez and too many people were accidentally overwriting holiday fees or LOS discounts and running into issues with the new total.

Ken T
May 24, 2021 4:04 PM

Looks like we missed pointing out that this feature has been released:

https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/wordpress-plugin-beta-preview-charges-rentonly-discount-nontaxed-rent-holiday-criteria-igloo-locks-better-email-defaults