Experience the difference of "Elite".

I Require 2 Signers On My Rental Agreements

Four Seasons Lod
Apr 18, 2020 11:34 AM
Joined Aug, 2017 4 posts

I host large groups at my lodge and have always required two signers plus both have to initial every page of the agreement.

I saw a post about adding custom fields to my rental agreement for initials, but not how to add a second signer, which would require sending the agreement to two emails.

Help! :)

Thanks,
Teena from gorgeous NH!

Chris Hynes
Apr 19, 2020 8:53 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Two emails is the only way to do it right now. It doesn't have to actually be separate emails -- you need two people to click the link and separately sign it. The link is the same and will record whoever signs the agreement, so they just need to both do it.

Four Seasons Lod
Apr 19, 2020 9:45 AM
Joined Aug, 2017 4 posts

Hello Chris,

I'm talking way over my head here because I have never used OR for emails.

So, I can set up the system to send one email to two different email addresses. I have created custom field definitions for Signer 1 Initial and Signer 2 Initial, Signer 1 Signature and Signer 2 Signature, etc.

I make up an email that invites them both to sign and it will have the same URL to click on. The rental agreement will pop up and I will have told one person they are Signer 1 and the other person they are Signer 2 and with that info, they will sign and initial in the appropriate places.

Is that how it would work?

Thanks,
Teena

Paul W
Apr 21, 2020 8:52 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Teena,

It will work that way if you tell them which custom field to fill in yes. However, you typically don't need to do that. You could simply just have them both sign the same agreement and it will stamp the name they use (when signing) on the top and bottom.