Experience the difference of "Elite".

AIRBNB HOST FEES

Maria P
Apr 7, 2020 12:06 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 4 posts

Hello. Just wanted to ask if it would be possible to incorporate the host fee on the charges tab of Airbnb bookings. This would be greatly beneficial for accounting purposes on the QuickBooks end. Currently, I have to go back and add in to each "invoice" the host fee line to make the invoice accurate and be able to match the actual Airbnb Payout. Just wondering if that would be a possibility or if it could perhaps be added as on option for those us that use the QuickBooks feature and manage a large number of properties.

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 7, 2020 10:18 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

It is already there. Go to booking. Transactions tab. on the bottom there is "airbnb host fee"

Lydia B
Apr 7, 2020 1:21 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

You should also be able to find it in the Report > Detail Report > Line Item Pivot. You can filter this depending on what you're looking for.

Michael F
Oct 7, 2023 4:25 PM
Joined Aug, 2022 1 post

Hello Maria,

Did you ever get an answer to this? I want the host fee to show under the "Charges Tab" also and not under the "Transaction Tab". At least I don't care if it shows under transactions as long as it is deducting it from the total amount collected so that Quickbooks invoices are correct.

Home Suite Stays L
Dec 29, 2023 3:51 PM
Joined Feb, 2023 7 posts

I agree with Michael F.  I would like to see the the host fee in the quickbooks invoice, I don't so much care about the transaction tab.

Jazmin S
Jan 20, 2024 4:08 PM
Joined Jan, 2024 1 post

This has not been released even though at the time of this writing it states it is.
We are looking for the Host Fee ($ - XX.XX) to be part of the invoice as the major platforms show it.

Example:

Accommodation Fare: $1,000.00

Cleaning Fee:              $   150.00

Host Fee:                     $    -50.00

Total:                            $1,100.00 (Payout)

In this way we can track the revenue and expense part for the booking with the correct COA. 

Ken T
Jan 21, 2024 1:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

I think there may be some misunderstanding here.  The Airbnb host fee is indeed included in the Booking information, on the Transactions tab, assuming you are using either Channel Bridge or our Airbnb API connection to bring the data in.

However, it is true that, at present, the host fees are not transmitted into QuickBooks.

Paulina P
Jan 31, 2024 9:19 PM
Joined Sep, 2021 1 post

I think there may be some misunderstanding here.  The Airbnb host fee is indeed included in the Booking information, on the Transactions tab, assuming you are using either Channel Bridge or our Airbnb API connection to bring the data in.

However, it is true that, at present, the host fees are not transmitted into QuickBooks.

by Ken T – Jan 21, 2024 6:41 PM (UTC)

PLEASE PLEASE see if you can have the AirBnB host fee as a separate line item that will sync with Quickbooks Online. 

Like the above poster, I have to go into every single invoice on Quickbooks and add the host fee as it shows a guest balance on each invoice for the amount of the host fee. 

Thank you! 

Ken T
Feb 1, 2024 5:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

It is in the roadmap for later this year.