Experience the difference of "Elite".

Split days onHosted Widget link (calendar) to show check-in/check-out

Val Rogers
Feb 26, 2020 10:08 PM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

I use the URL for the Hosted Widget link for calendars to share with my housekeepers for the different properties in my account.

However, on days where there are back-to-back bookings (guests checking in on the same day that the previous guest checked out) the date on the calendar shows as a solid blocked date. It is not clear that that day has back-to-back bookings.

It would be great if OR could show a split on that date of the calendar to indicate a check-out/check-in on the same day.

Chris Hynes
Feb 27, 2020 7:18 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The multi month calendar is designed not to show a split between bookings.

If you want to show gaps, the ribbon calendar does that.

Or you can share more with the cleaner using Portal Access: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/portal-access

Valerie R
Feb 27, 2020 4:45 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hi Chris,

Is there a way to share the ribbon calendar with others, like we can with the widget calendar?'

Upgrading to the PM module just to give the housekeepers a look at our calendars is overkill for my situation.

Ken T
Feb 27, 2020 4:47 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

Unfortunately not. We've talked about making the Portal Access a feature that can be purchased separately, but that hasn't taken place yet.

Valerie R
Feb 27, 2020 4:57 PM

That's too bad. I don't know what the reasoning was behind deciding not to show split dates on the widget calendars. But with all of the conversations here in the forum about methods to use to communicate booking dates with housekeepers, it seems allowing split dates to the "hosted" calendar widget would meet those needs.

Until then, I guess I'll have to create a Google calendar to share with the housekeepers.

Chris Hynes
Feb 27, 2020 5:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

To clarify... you can create a Ribbon type calendar widget and share that just like the Multi-month calendar widget. It'll just show "Booked" instead of guest info, but you will get the segmented view you're looking for.

Valerie R
Feb 27, 2020 5:14 PM

Ohhh, perfect!! I didn't know that, but now I do! Thank you, this will work great.