Experience the difference of "Elite".

Request - support custom fields in subject line of emails

Rich S
Jan 27, 2020 11:34 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

would be nice to have subject lines that could include booking dates, I think it would help bring attention (and increase readability) of emails I send to guests.

While at it I'd love to have a 'days since booking' field too, so I could have a subject line of 'Your rental agreement has been unsigned for NN days' which would also help with response rates I would think.

Ken T
Jan 27, 2020 1:35 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

We do support booking dates as field codes, and also custom fields in email subject lines, those are used regularly. Can you send in a helpdesk request so we can take a look at exactly what you are trying to do and see what the trouble is?

Interesting idea about "days since booked".

Rich S
Jan 27, 2020 2:47 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Ken T said:

We do support booking dates as field codes, and also custom fields in email subject lines, those are used regularly. Can you send in a helpdesk request so we can take a look at exactly what you are trying to do and see what the trouble is?

Interesting idea about "days since booked".

I was dumb ;-) I assumed that the insert fields only worked in the email body, but after checking again I realized I can just copy/paste whatever field code I like into the subject line. Sorry for false alarm, but maybe a good reminder to others that codes within { }'s will be replaced even if they are in the subject line.