Experience the difference of "Elite".

Ribbon feature

Ken T
May 18, 2021 3:19 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We've decided that, for the foreseeable future, our various housekeeping system partners do an excellent job, and it would be a mammoth task to try to duplicate it. So we won't be adding any new cleaning features in OwnerRez - if you need something more sophisticated, use one of our integrations with them.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview

Rich S
Jan 15, 2020 12:06 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Would be nice if the ribbon showed a symbol for any day when a cleaning would be required.

Details
- have a property setting (checkbox) to either include or exclude from the feature (default to include)
- have a ribbon setting to either display or not display the feature
- put a discrete circle around any day number (eg: around the 15 for Jan-15) and use hover text to state 'cleaning required'

I'm paranoid that my cleaners will forget a cleaning date, so everyday I double check whether a cleaning is needed, this would make it really obvious. My assumption is that cleans always happen on day of departure but I suppose an offset per property might be nice if there are owners who clean on day after departure.

Ken T
Jan 15, 2020 2:14 PM

I'd make the same assumption you do - that a cleaning is needed after every booking. Not sure why a special indicator would be required.

Rich S
Jan 15, 2020 2:27 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Ken T said:

I'd make the same assumption you do - that a cleaning is needed after every booking. Not sure why a special indicator would be required.

Ken - when you have multiple properties it is easy to make a mistake. I only have three properties, but even then it takes mental effort to carefully scan the current date and then looking ahead at future dates as well. Would be nice to have OR automatically determine if there are *any* cleans needed on any day at a glance, especially when looking at the ribbon on a phone where you can only see part of a month.

Ken T
Jan 16, 2020 11:41 AM

Hmm. Well, when we have the Housekeeping module that's in development, there would be a report of what needs to be cleaned when, and records of what was in fact cleaned when. I'm not sure it was intended to display that on the ribbon calendar, but I can see where that might be a useful option or overlay anyway.

In separate work, we're wanting to add the ability to customize what is displayed on the ribbon calendar and how, so this might tie into that work at some point.

SPSA
Feb 8, 2020 9:00 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 20 posts

He’s absolutely correct. You need the indicator. I’ll explain. I can tell you why he’s right.i have 14 listings. I’m using another channel manager but want to come over to you guys. But this very topic...not having an indicator is a point of concern for me.

Currently, I schedule a cleaner by putting an indicator on a cell within the ribbon. That tells me I scheduled a cleaning for that day. Easy! I don’t really need it automatic because it’s not that simple. Sometimes I delay a cleaning by a day or two so when the housekeeper comes she can clean a few apartments at one time. Or maybe she can’t clean the same day (according to a rule based scenario) or day after the departure....so a rule doesn’t really help. Sometimes we even go in and clean while the guest is in the middle of a stay! We have our reasons. I just want to be able to create an indicator (or at least easily move it) to any day I want. By allowing us to create an indicator in the ribbon...on a certain day...then I know at a glance...using the stacked calendar ribbon screen...that a cleaning has been scheduled and cleaner will come out to clean. She can remove the cleaning “indicator” when she’s done. I dont really care at that point.

SPSA
Feb 8, 2020 9:11 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 20 posts

I’ve used a report on the past. It doesn’t allow the manager or supervisor “at a glance” see that all units....ahead of time...have been scheduled properly. We need to see that on a monthly ribbon type calendar so we can plan ahead. It’s not good enough to read a report. The report doesn’t show of the report is correct. Just showing a bunch of dates on a report doesn’t reflect if whoever created the report actually matches the proper days. You have to see the visual calendar ANd the cleanings on the same page. So you know everything is setup properly now and in the future. Some companies use reports others use simple indicators that show cleanings on the ribbon.

Cheryl R.
Feb 9, 2020 2:18 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 20 posts

I agree. This would be an excellent feature to have vs a paper report. I have about 35+ properties and it all check outs unfortunately are not created equal :) I do not always do my cleanings on the day of check out. Owner cleans frequently get bumped to the next day due to owners checking out late or maintenance is being done etc. An overlay on the calendar would be very beneficial.

Ken T
May 18, 2021 3:19 PM

We've decided that, for the foreseeable future, our various housekeeping system partners do an excellent job, and it would be a mammoth task to try to duplicate it. So we won't be adding any new cleaning features in OwnerRez - if you need something more sophisticated, use one of our integrations with them.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview