Experience the difference of "Elite".

Template Fields for Agreement, info guest needs to ADD
(page 2 )

Valerie R
Apr 8, 2021 1:05 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

CTK said:

Are you having them print the RA off and initial/scan back - if not, how are you getting initials no the RA?

The confusion seems to be how the required initials end up on the rental agreement.

1. As Lydia explained in very good detail, the first step is to create any custom field that you want a guest to agree to/initial in the rental agreement. Custom fields can be created for things like:

*A separate custom field for "Guest List" where the person submitting the booking can supply the name of each person who will be staying in the property. The description for this field can be something like "Guest List: Please supply the name of each person who will be staying in the property in this field."

*A custom field for the guest to agree to a particular term (such as "Please enter your INITIALS in this box to acknowledge: A copy of your ID and a signed rental agreement are required within 48 hours to confirm your booking." or "Please enter your INITIALS in this box to acknowledge: I have read & understand the cancellation policy".

*A custom field if you want the guest to agree to certain house rules that are not specifically listed on the listing's House Rules section. I use this for one of my clients' properties as follows "Please enter your INITIALS in this box to acknowledge: 1) No additional people 2) No parties 3) No firing guns on property 4) There is no landline phone at the cabin. 5) You agree to remove all trash from the cabin OR pay a $75 trash removal fee."

*Make and Model of Primary Vehicle to Be Used at Property (as used by Lydia)

*Name and Phone Number of Emergency Contact (as used by Lydia)

I would recommend NOT creating a bunch of custom fields for the guest to have to work through when going through the booking process; you don't want to make it so difficult to book that the guest gives up.

2. Once you have created your custom fields for the rental agreement you now need to enter the information into your lease agreement form to display the initials supplied by the guest during the booking process. You'll do this by copying/pasting the Custom Field Code that you assigned to your particular custom fields into the rental agreement along with an explanation in the rental agreement so that it is clear to what terms the custom field applies.

NOTE: the guest supplies the requested information during the booking confirmation process; they do not actually initial the rental agreement itself. The initials appear on the rental agreement because you enter the Custom Field code into the rental agreement that fills in with whatever the guest supplies when they fill out the required field during the booking confirmation process.

As Ken suggested earlier, you should put some text into your rental agreement that accompanies the custom field code so that when reading the agreement it makes sense. Ken's suggestion for the "Guest List" explanation was:

"I understand that the following specific people, and no others, may be permitted into the Property. Admission of anyone else into the Property constitutes violation of this Agreement, and may subject me to immediate eviction without refund as well as additional penalty charges:"

{custom field code here}

Another example is the text that I added to the rental agreement for the property that has the additional house rules:

INITIALS: {BXCSCREQ} I agree to these additional House Rules:

No additional guests
No parties
No firing guns on property
I understand there is no landline at the cabin.
I agree to remove all trash from the cabin when I leave or else agree to pay the $75 trash fee (withheld from security deposit or filed as a damage claim)

If you are like me, a visual might help. Here's a quick little tutorial video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QTdvE-xNjRIG7U2zIpg6-sKsVnBN8ghT/view?usp=sharing

Note that the process shown in the video is what happens when a guest is trying to book a property directly through our website. But, if you send a rental agreement link by email to a Vrbo guest, Airbnb guest (or otherwise not through your website) the form they receive has the same required fields that you saw in this video; the process will be the same where they will fill out the form & initial the required fields.

I hope this helps!

OPCD TX
Apr 10, 2021 11:19 AM
Joined Aug, 2019 24 posts

I have to agree with you on this with initials and reading the cancellation policy. Having gone through chargebacks and working with processing companies. They have suggested that you mention the cancellation policy more than once. In the beginning and in the end where the guest E-Sign. It is redundant but we all know people don't read.

sunchic vacation
Jun 5, 2021 4:19 PM
Joined May, 2021 20 posts

I follow how we can add custom fields to gather guest information and more during booking and relay that on the rental agreement. But, can someone provide some direction if we want to require a name (and more info) for each Adult guest in the booking? What I read had an emergency name, but I have one house for example that can sleep 26 and need to issue resort entry passes/parking passes for each vehicle. If I could key off the Adults they suggest and then have a field to require a name, number, and then an optional field for vehicle Y/N, then I can have the proper number of fields presented in the booking form. Otherwise, I can create a free form table with up to 26 lines, but not as elegant. Ideas?

Ken T
Jun 7, 2021 9:15 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

At present, the free-form text field is the recommended way.

MyGCR
Aug 26, 2021 6:34 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 17 posts

I wish there was a way to organize the custom fields we create and add to the agreement. For example OR comes with custom fields that can be used to collect flight arrival information - which is great. But I also need to collect information in order to produce the Electronic Invoice that our local Costa Rican clients will want after they pay for their vacation rental.
The flight info and the company name, corporate ID etc have nothing in common but there is no way to nicely separate the form fields in the rental agreement.

I would like to have a few different sections where there are custom fields that need to be completed by the client. For example:
Arrival Details (flight #, airline, arrival time etc.)
Guest Details (names and ages of all those staying on the property, license plate number of cars for onsite parking) ability to upload ID (passport)
Corporate Details (company name and id for electronic invoices)

Mark & Amanda B.
Jan 22, 2023 10:04 PM
Joined Aug, 2022 6 posts

What I can't seem to find is where are you collecting this information from the guest? It seems I can only ask for # of guests and name/address on a booking inquiry? How can I get the information on other guests staying? 

BlueViewRetreat
Jan 22, 2023 10:47 PM
Joined Nov, 2021 2 posts

I believe you need to add a custom field which you can opt to show up during quote acceptance:

Custom Field

Settings>Workflow&Devices>Custom Field Definitions (pick plain text) (Show During Quote Acceptance-they are in numerical order)

Rex C
Jan 23, 2023 6:13 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 47 posts
San
Jul 10, 2023 2:52 AM
Joined Nov, 2021 2 posts

Hi Valerie R,

Thank you for the video, it was very helpful.  However, I'm not sure , how you managed to show the intermediary form at 00:15 wherein there are custom fields to enter? I would like to introduce a custom form with custom fields including ID capture and those details show up in the agreement which will be esigned by airbnb guests.

Because for airbnb guests (I'm not using API connection), I would like to provide an OR URL wherein the guest can enter the details you have shown in your video (plus some additional custom fields), the details entered by the guest populated in the agreement which will be esigned.

Appreciate any inputs on this.

Thank you

San

Valerie R
Jul 10, 2023 11:37 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hi San,

The form itself is the {BULEASE} form that is sent to the guests when the booking is first confirmed if you've used the OwnerRez 'Send Renter Agreement Form to Guest' system message or created your own template using the {BULEASE} short code.

As for how to add the custom fields for the additional information that you want to collect from the guest to the form, there are two steps.

1. First, you have to create the custom field for the piece of information that you want to collect.

You can create custom fields for any kind of information that you want to collect from the guest when they are booking. I've created custom fields for things like:

• Cancellation policy acknowledgement
  • A file upload requirement for them to submit a copy of their ID
  • An acknowledgement that they will be charged an extra fee for certain things (varies by property)
  • Acknowledgement of additional house rules or HOA regulations
  • Acknowledgement of quiet hours for certain properties
  • A list of names for each guest who will be staying at the house (you could also ask for their ages if you need to know the ages of each person)
  • A field for guests to enter the license plate number of the vehicle(s) that will be parked at the property 
  • An acknowledgement that they understand the pool rules/no lifeguard on duty

2. Then, you need to add the new custom field shortcode ID to your lease form.

Create a line that looks like these (for example) in the rental agreement where you want it to appear:

EXAMPLE:  INITIALS: {BXCANCELYES}  I have read & understand the cancellation policy.

EXAMPLE:  INITIALS: {BXPOOLRULES}  I understand that the use of the pool/spa is at my own risk and that children will be supervised at all times.

When the guest goes through the process of filling out the form, after they enter their initials in the required fields for the additional information then their initials will automatically be placed on the rental agreement that they will sign in the appropriate places (according to where you placed the custom field shortcodes.)

Here's a little video showing that process, maybe this will help:

HOW TO CREATE A CUSTOM FIELD & ADD IT TO A LEASE AGREEMENT