Experience the difference of "Elite".

Another Rate Calendar nice-to-have ;-)

Rich S
Dec 29, 2019 10:59 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Would be nice for the calendar to highlight inappropriate min-night settings, such as 3 night minimum set on a single open night.

VRBO started doing this a few weeks ago and it's hugely useful, even moreso with OR because the Rate Calendar by default shows multiple months at a glance.

Chris Hynes
Dec 30, 2019 6:47 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

That's an interesting idea. How do VRBO show it? That calendar already gets really busy, perhaps with an optional overlay.

You don't really need to worry about that in OwnerRez though -- instead set the min nights in gaps rule on the property. When you set that rule, if there's a gap where the min nights are longer than the gap, it'll reduce the min nights to the the length of the gap.

For example, if you've got a 5 night min and a gap of 3 nights, and you set min nights in gap to 2, it'll reduce the min nights to 3 in that 3 night gap.

Rich S
Jan 2, 2020 5:16 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Chris Hynes said:

That's an interesting idea. How do VRBO show it? That calendar already gets really busy, perhaps with an optional overlay.

You don't really need to worry about that in OwnerRez though -- instead set the min nights in gaps rule on the property. When you set that rule, if there's a gap where the min nights are longer than the gap, it'll reduce the min nights to the the length of the gap.

For example, if you've got a 5 night min and a gap of 3 nights, and you set min nights in gap to 2, it'll reduce the min nights to 3 in that 3 night gap.

Chris - I don't have a good example to look at at the moment, but I recall them using the color red along with a short text warning. Sticks out in a very obvious way when min nights is > gap.

Valerie R
Jan 14, 2020 12:31 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hi Chris,

Here is an example of what Rich S is describing:

https://snipboard.io/YXU6IO.jpg

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2020 6:16 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ooh, I like it! I'll note that down in our to-do list to have a look.

Setting a min gap nights rule will fix this without having to go through and tweak things manually, but it would still be good to have the display so you know if you're in this case visually.