Experience the difference of "Elite".

Dynamic Content in custom fields to create more interesting/current emails

Rich S
Dec 10, 2019 12:32 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Would be nice to have some specialized custom fields that are dynamic.

For example, I would love to include some real time metrics about my property in emails that are sent to guests.

For instance, here are some examples:

E1) We currently have these available dates still available for the current season - Email us if you are interested!
<field would insert either a table of dates or preferably a calendar snapshot of availability>

E2) We've gotten XX 5-star reviews in the past year, can we ask you to add another?
<<XX would be replaced with the count of 5-star reviews>

E3) Not free, but would be nice to include a current weather forecast 2-3 days ahead of an arrival. Seems like you could do that with the api at https://openweathermap.org/price

E4) etc .... I bet there a lots of useful informations that would help to make emails (or eventually texts) more dynamic and interesting.

Chris Hynes
Dec 13, 2019 9:37 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, we definitely want to make the custom fields more dynamic, as well as adding the capability to do some IF...THEN logic in them so that you can make things vary based on other values.

For 1) there's already something like that for quotes and inquiries: {IPROPAVAILALL} or {QPROPAVAILALL} -- those fields will show properties available for the dates on the quote or inquiry.

Another thought we've been toying with is adding some IFTTT/Zapier triggers which you could use to send your own custom emails out -- perhaps pulling in details like the weather forecast on that side. You can sort of do that already by creating a trigger in OwnerRez that sends to Zapier to trigger a flow over there, but it'd be sweet to have it all built in.

Rich S
Dec 13, 2019 10:31 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Would be nice if you could create a way where users could create their own triggers or reports which could access OR internals. Not sure how many people would want to do that but I would ;-)

I'm thinking of something where users could write some javascript or php or python and create whatever result they want for consumption by either a visual display in OR or send by email or webhook or zapier.

Ideally some users would play around with this and create content that other users might want.

I'm guessing this is not going to make the top of the backlog queue but I can dream, right?