Experience the difference of "Elite".

Add a custom field for the OR-hosted ribbon calendar

Rich S
Dec 4, 2019 12:35 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I frequently like to include a link to the OR-hosted ribbon for each property. Would be nice if there was a custom field so that I could insert it automatically. Obviously I could create a custom field and just use that, but seems like most users would appreciate the convenience of having it in the insertable fields lists.

Ken T
Dec 5, 2019 12:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Can you provide more specific examples of exactly how you're trying to use this? You can send guests to the URL for your website if you have one, that way they can see all your properties if you have more than one.

Rich S
Dec 5, 2019 12:12 PM

Ken T said:

Can you provide more specific examples of exactly how you're trying to use this? You can send guests to the URL for your website if you have one, that way they can see all your properties if you have more than one.

I don’t have a website. This is just a suggestion that would make it easier for all users to access the OR hosted ribbon.

I didn’t even know it existed until recently, and even when I did it took me two minutes to find it.

I suspect many users of templates along with the insert fields have periodically scrolled thru the list of all insertable fields just looking for interesting ones, and this one would be very interesting. Even to users with a website.

Ken T
Dec 5, 2019 12:40 PM

So what is the business purpose you'd intend to use this for? Just trying to understand your goal.

Rich S
Dec 5, 2019 1:23 PM

I’d put it in every template email that’s sent to non guests, such as

Me
My wife
Coowner sister in law
Cleaner
Daughters

Each of the non guests have an interest in knowing how many bookings there are. My daughters for example are keenly interested in knowing when one of our units remain unbooked as a weekend approaches.

Sister in law gets a standard email at every new nook in in her co owned unit.

My experience is that few people use bookmarks on their cell phones. Heck, even I have none. So the next best thing is that I give them, and myself, a link in a lot of emails. So all they need to do is search on their phone for a recent email from me and they can see the ribbon calendar.

Obviously there is a workaround, just creat an account custom field. But to me this is an obvious good thing to have for all the reasons I’ve given.

Rich S
Dec 5, 2019 1:36 PM

One more thing occurred to me, maybe there could be two flavors of this new field, one being just the link and the other being a screenshot image of the calendar along with the link, and some words about checking the link for latest updates.

People love a graphical view, this would be an awesome addition to OR!

Chris Hynes
Dec 8, 2019 6:29 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, that makes a lot of sense -- making the availability display for sharing a built in feature instead of having to manually set up widgets and juggle URL's.

We've got plans for a housekeeping/staff module upcoming next year (yeah, I know we were talking about it this year, but the Airbnb API preempted that). With that it'll get at a lot of those detailed reports and displays for staff and cleaners.

Will keep this in mind as we get closer in the planning process!

E & R Vacation R
Sep 17, 2020 9:14 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

Sharing calendar question: My husband needs to see when I'm coming and going for cleaning/maintenance or just have blocked off dates for family. All of this just shows up as "blocked" instead of the label I give it, how can I enable him to be able to see the reason I have blocked? I have clicked on all of the available options for exporting the calendar but none of them show the reason for blocking. I have two properties that we basically do all of the work/cleaning, etc. for. We also have very complicated individual schedules, so this would be a life saver for me, not having to remind him each week of where or when I'm going. HELP PLEASE

Ken T
Sep 18, 2020 8:08 AM

You should be able to do this using a custom iCal calendar export, where you've selected the option to include booking information and notes. I don't see any custom iCal calendar exports in your account - give that a try and see if it does what you're after.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/bookings-display-for-cleaners