Experience the difference of "Elite".

Highlight brand new bookings during channel bridge importing

Rich S
Nov 25, 2019 10:14 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

After using channel bridge for importing bookings there is a report summarizing what happened, but it's impossible to tell which are completely new bookings versus bookings which had an additional payment made.

For instance in my import today I see 5 rows showing status==Updated but only two of them are new bookings.

I always know if I have one, two or more new bookings and it would be nice to have positive confirmation that what I'm expecting (ie: two new bookings) are recognized that way by OR, and then I would be able to also focus on what changed for the non-new bookings, such as additional payments.

Rich S
Nov 25, 2019 10:22 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I'll add that this is especially important because VRBO does such a bad job of this itself. When looking at their Inbox it's impossible at a glance to tell the difference between new bookings and other activity like messages or payments. When there is a lot of activity going on, like this time of year, it's incredibly easy to get confused by recent activity from someone who booked months ago versus brand new bookings.

And since I now have to manually issue payment requests for uncollected taxes (in CO) it's very important that I realize when I have a new booking.

It's interesting that until recently there wasn't really anything I needed to do, OR has automated my operations so well that me knowing when I got a new booking was just for my awareness!