Experience the difference of "Elite".

Automagic photo resizing for integrated channels

Chris L
Nov 25, 2019 4:48 AM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

I just spent hours uploading and captioning and sorting all the new photos from my photographer for my new listing. I ran the listing quality analyzer and see that almost all of the photos are too big. (I'm API-integrated; they seem to show fine on Airbnb, but my HomeAway listing hasn't yet deployed the updated photos, so I can't check there yet.)

I just don't have it in me tonight to spend hours resizing everything in GIMP and re-uploading and re-captioning and re-sorting them. :)

Is there a feature on the roadmap to automatically resize images to match each integrated channel's maximum size? It would be quite nice, since most photos provided by photographers these days are grossly huge thanks to the impressive megapixel counts of today's cameras...

Ken T
Nov 25, 2019 10:26 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

This would be better handled as a support ticket, as there should not be this problem. Can you send it in that way please?

Chris L
Nov 25, 2019 5:40 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Will do. For public closure, though, it seems that the photos did properly deploy to both Airbnb and HomeAway, so the error in the Listing Quality Analyzer may be ignorable? I'll open a support ticket to follow up.