Experience the difference of "Elite".

Search capability in Forums

Denise A
Oct 14, 2019 11:15 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 9 posts

I don't mind searching for answers instead of asking the same questions asked over and over. Am I not seeing it?

Rich S
Oct 16, 2019 7:25 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

@Denise A - just click on the support tab and search there. You're not missing it, there isn't a search feature once you are looking at the forums, but the Support screen's search works just as well to find forum topics.

By the way, you're other post is recognized by the developers. They've said they would like to improve the forums with likes and other features like attaching images and files, but it's undoubtedly lower priority than other work they are doing. I agree, I miss these features every time I use the forums ;-)

Ken T
Oct 18, 2019 3:33 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

It's going to be a bit before the forums and support area get the complete overhaul they deserve. Right now we're emphasizing our support time, on writing and expanding the support docs to cover various parts of the system better.

But it might be easy to add the Search toolbar to the top of the forums pages. We're looking into what's involved in that, and if it's not too much change, it'll happen soon.

Like Rich S says, you can always just go use the general search function. It searches everything, forums included.