Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cleaning Field Not Date

Ken T
May 18, 2021 5:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

We've decided that, for the foreseeable future, our various housekeeping system partners do an excellent job, and it would be a mammoth task to try to duplicate it. So we won't be adding any new cleaning features in OwnerRez - if you need something more sophisticated, use one of our integrations with them.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview

TheGrandHacienda
Sep 9, 2019 1:30 AM
Joined Apr, 2018 17 posts

I would love to have a cleaning field where I could enter the staff person assigned to clean the property. So in addition to the cleaning date field, allow a text field. Thank you.

Paul W
Sep 11, 2019 7:43 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Thanks for the suggestion!

TheGrandHacienda
Sep 14, 2019 8:56 PM
Joined Apr, 2018 17 posts

Is it possible to make the date field a date or text field for those of us who want to assign a cleaner?

Tim K
Sep 16, 2019 9:29 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

I agree. Adding a text field in addition to the date field would be really helpful and presumably a simple addition(?).
For me, assigning a cleaning date is not enough outside of peak season. During the summer all my cleanings are saturdays from 10am-2pm....so my cleaners just need to know to clean that week. Outside of that, my check ins and check outs vary greatly, as do my cleaners' availability. They may not be able to clean on a Monday morning, but I would like to be able to give them a cleaning "window" or at least some added info letting them know when they are OK to clean. I usually end up copying my cleaning report and then adding comments after each date like (must clean Sunday after 12 before 4pm check in. Or OK to clean Monday or Tuesday if needed. Having a simple "cleaning notes" field would be an excellent near term solution until OR hopefully rolls out a "cleaning module" of sorts.

Chris Hynes
Sep 19, 2019 9:32 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Do you use the notes for other things right now? You can share the booking notes with cleaners, either via portal access accounts or by including them on the stay reports. There's not a general "cleaning notes" field but if you don't have sensitive info in the booking notes you can share them.

Another option would be to create a booking custom field for cleaning notes. And then you can include custom fields on the stay reports.

Ken T
May 18, 2021 5:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

We've decided that, for the foreseeable future, our various housekeeping system partners do an excellent job, and it would be a mammoth task to try to duplicate it. So we won't be adding any new cleaning features in OwnerRez - if you need something more sophisticated, use one of our integrations with them.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview