Experience the difference of "Elite".

Custom Field Request - This departure requires a back to back cleaning

Rich S
Aug 23, 2019 9:42 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I'd like to send an email on day before departure to my cleaner, with a clear statement about whether the property is booked again on the same day, hence a "back to back" booking.

This would be very useful to my cleaner since they create their cleaning schedule based on prioritizing back to back cleanings.

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 24, 2019 4:06 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I think you can do it by specifying conditions on trigger.

Chris Hynes
Aug 24, 2019 7:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep @BlueMtnCabins! You can do this by making a trigger that occurs at a scheduled time, 1 day before booking has departed. And then use the criteria of adjacent available nights: no gap.

Have you considered giving the cleaners portal access accounts so they can see the calendar directly? https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/portal-access -- that may also help cleaners plan things out better as they will be able to visually see the calendar instead of having to rely on catching an email in time.

Rich S
Aug 30, 2019 12:00 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I don't agree - I'm looking to send an email that is *always* sent the day before departure and contains a clear statement about whether or not the cleaning is back to back.

Just using a trigger for no gap in adjacent nights would trigger either for gap=yes or gap=no, but I want the email sent in all cases.

The reason I'm asking for a better custom field is for clear communication to the cleaner, for instance, this is what I'm trying right now:

==> "This booking currently may have these adjacent nights: {BADJOPEN} "

The problem is that BADJOPEN returns awkward language like this: night before (arriving 9/25) and night after (departing 10/1)

I'm wanting a field like BNXTOCC that would return the following:
- back to back cleaning: "A BACK to BACK cleaning is required on departure day 10/11/2019. Next guest will arrive by Xpm on same day"
- not back to back cleaning: "Next scheduled guest for this property arrives in XX days (10/17/2019)

Chris Hynes
Aug 31, 2019 9:07 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Right. We don't currently have fields that reference other bookings, although that's an interesting idea, some sort of BNEXT or BPREV.

In the meantime you could accomplish this with two templates/triggers -- one for no departure gap with that BACK to BACK language, and one for having a departure gap with that language.