Z-Wave Lock integration

Kismet Prop
Aug 10, 2019 5:40 PM
Joined Sep, 2018 23 posts

Any update on integrating Z-Wave locks?

Chris Hynes
Aug 10, 2019 7:21 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We don't have any way to integrate with z-wave locks directly yet. We do integrate with RemoteLock and they have the capability to access z-wave locks through Vera.

PacViewLodging
Jan 28, 2021 6:43 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 74 posts

There are a number of "partners" that OR has that use ZWAVE locks. RemoteLock doesn't do them directly they integrate with VERA and then VERA Manages the locks. (you have a double integration here... you have to have VERA setup and operational and then Integrate your VERA environment to RemoteLock... Once that is done then you integrate RemoteLock to OwnerRez... what ultimately happens is that OR will send booking information into RemoteLock and then Remote Lock will send the information to the Vera Gateway that controls the lock.

Brivo is another option for ZWAVE. We are currently testing their solution. They have a ZWAVE gateway that you install and you use to do Smarthome control. (Locks, switches, thermostats, etc - just like Vera) These controllers are a little bit different than the VERA ones as they have a cellular backup capability when not connected to Wifi or Ethernet. (I think you can get this on VERA but I don't think out of the box) Brivo does have a monthly charge where VERA does not but if you manage VERA through RemoteLock you will have a monthly charge so that is nearly a wash.

I also believe Point Central and ERental Lock (also partners) have ZWAVE solutions.

One thing to make sure you ask the partners is if they support your specific ZWAVE devices. For example we mostly have Yale Door Locks but not all models are supported by all solutions and our Schlage Locks were not supported at all by one partner but another that is all they use.

It can get pretty complicated pretty fast and I recommend you always test test test prior to doing a complete rollout across multiple properties