Experience the difference of "Elite".

email resend

Kara W
Aug 5, 2019 12:37 PM
Joined Aug, 2017 6 posts

I still struggle with some guests not receiving my arrival info email. They sometimes go to a promotions or spam/junk folder but some guests just claim that they didn't receive it. Regardless, I have to re-send perhaps 1-2 per month.
I love that I can check OR to see if it's been opened though.
But I'd love to have the ability to resend the same email within OR. Sometimes I feel like guests don't believe me that it's been sent, and a re-send would show the timestamp/date sent. And would save me a tiny bit of time.
Thanks for the consideration.
Kara

Rich S
Aug 5, 2019 3:19 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

@Kara - you might just do this

click emails, filter to name of person, then screenshot copy/paste and forward to the guest with a message like "gee, I'm not sure what's happening, do you see any problems? I'm sending these emails to xyz@gmail.com"

I can't insert an example, but it shows status, timestamp, subject and more. *if* you want to somehow prove to the guest you've been sending, that should be pretty persuasive.

I've had the same experience as you btw - sometimes it's unclear what happened. I think it will usually be the company (or email provider) who is screening for spam beforehand. I've worked with email sending before and that happens.

Paul W
Aug 6, 2019 4:25 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Thanks for the tips and ideas, Rich! That's a great idea.

Email is not a perfect medium by any measure. Deliverability is something we take seriously and we follow a number of best practices to make sure every email gets to the inbox quickly. Lot of things can stand in the way though.

Kara, you can also try joining our Verified Sender program which means our messages are sent with your FROM header in addition to your REPLY-TO header. This may help lend a little more trust to the deliverability side.

Our Verified Sender program is free, however you'll need to configure some things with your domain registrar. You also need to use a private or business email address instead of a Gmail one. In other words, you can do this:

misty@mycabins.com

but not:

misty@gmail.com

This is because you have to own, or be able to control, the domain name so that you can set DNS records in place. This is a technical requirement of being a Verified Sender and it helps with deliverability (not having messages go to the Spam folder).

Contact us by email/ticket if you want to set this up.

Suzy T
Jan 28, 2023 4:05 PM
Joined May, 2022 21 posts

Hello, I would very much like to see this feature as I sent an email to guest last weekend and now see he didn't open it.   I would like to resend it (will do a copy and paste) and just to be sure, will send it via Airbnb as well as his own email.

I would like to verify the email address on the server.  Please give me your instructions and I can get this done.

Thanks

Suzy

Ken T
Jan 30, 2023 8:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Looks like you got that taken care of!

Suzy T
Jan 30, 2023 8:46 PM
Joined May, 2022 21 posts

Yep, I checked it out yesterday and realized it was all taken care of!!!

Cheers Ken!

Kara W
Jan 31, 2023 1:19 PM
Joined Aug, 2017 6 posts

Hello,

You can re-send an email now? I can't see how to do that... please advise. 

Thanks,

Kara

Ken T
Feb 3, 2023 1:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

No, I was referring to the other question... at present, no, there is still no specific way to resend emails.

Andree M
Feb 26, 2023 11:34 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 11 posts

Ken,

This problem has just reared it's ugly head for us. A Guest says they never received their booking with the signed renters agreement. Checking ORez shows it sent and opened, also our copy sent and opened. We NEVER delete anything from our rentals mailbox. Usually, when this happens, we just forward our copy to the guest. This instance, December 4, 22, we can find no trace of the email in our folder on our PC's or our email provider online folder or trash.

Any suggestion on how this is possible? A resend option on ORez would be very helpful right now! If fairness, this is the first time in 4+ years that we cant find our copy of a "lost" email.

EDIT"""""

Just found the way to do it! But, a "resend" option on the email history page would be the intuitive way to solve this issue.

Regards,

Mike McDonald

Rich S
Feb 26, 2023 11:40 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Mike - you can go into this guest's booking and click the "email to guest" button and then select whichever template you wanted to send. I do this all the time for guests who can't find my email with the request to sign rental agreement.

Emails get lost for many reasons, most commonly it's that the guest simply can't find it. They might have forgotten that they used a work email so they are looking in the wrong place, maybe they did accidentally delete it, maybe their email client groups emails together in a thread, could be any of many reasons.

Andree M
Feb 26, 2023 11:41 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 11 posts

Just found this as you were answering on this Sunday morning! That shows how infrequently we have to do this!

Thanks!