Experience the difference of "Elite".

Report for Cleaners

Stacie S
Aug 2, 2019 7:56 AM
Joined Mar, 2019 24 posts

I would love for the cleaners to be able to run a Daily Checklist like I can. I know they have access to the calendar but to be able to run a daily report and have it on one list would be a great help.
Stacie

Chris Hynes
Aug 3, 2019 5:23 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Great idea, we will add it to the list!

Rich S
Aug 5, 2019 10:14 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I still think it's burdensome to need to bring up the OR website and click around to get to a report.

Would be a terrific feature to be able to configure a given report, such as upcoming cleanings or cleanings today and have it emailed to a set of individuals.

We currently have two cleaners for different units, plus other interested parties (eg: my wife!) and it's simply too much effort for them to remember to go to the website.

Our cleaners work with 3-4 other owners, and since every owner has their own setup, it's awkward for them to start their day by having to visit 4+ sites if all are using sofware, but many owners don't.

I just had the dreaded forgotten cleaning with a new cleaner, cost me $300+ to put the guest into a hotel .... And unfortunately I don't have a great solution to prevent this in the future. The best available workaround will be an email that arrives day of cleaning around 1:30am, but since in my experience many people tend to trust their memories, this kind of thing is easily overlooked, since it only applies to a single property and at the start of the day it can get buried. An emailed report that lays out all upcoming cleanings for the next week would be more likely to be read, especially if it arrived at about the time the cleaning could start, such as 10am for us.

In fact, as I think about this, cleanings are so important that they really deserve their own special treatment .... Would it be possible to have a scheduled task for cleaning be sent at cleaning start time, and it contains various buttons which the cleaner could click from their email to indicate their status? For instance, upon arrival they click (ie: send a webhook) to indicate condition of unit such as these:

- Arrived: Clean
- Arrived: Dirty
- Arrived: Unacceptable

and then there could be another button for Cleaning Completed such as:

- Completed: Ready for next guest

I've been thinking about this recently and decided the safest approach for a handsoff owner (like me ;-) ) is for some automation to remind the cleaner, then allow them to communicate status upon arrival, and then to communicate their completion/readiness for next guest. Having all of this should be pretty straightforward I would think, the hardest part would be the time scheduling aspect. For me I'd be happy if it was simply configurable per property to a fixed time. And of course such awesome automation should include an alert email to the cleaner and owner if any of the buttons aren't clicked within a certain configurable time. For instance I'd set it to 1 hour after expected start time, and 3 hours before next check in. That alert would prompt me to check on things with the cleaner and leave enough time to react by calling emergency cleaners if needed.

Please !!!! Can we get something to help with this?

Rich S
Aug 5, 2019 12:27 PM

I tried editing the original but got an error

UPDATE - talked with one cleaner today and determined that emailed buttons that need to be clicked could be too burdensome. She'd prefer getting a text message. So perhaps the following:
- day of departure cleaning arrival text, sent 10am to owner & cleaner
- rely on owner to look for desired response (OR doesn't have to be involved, but would be nice if possible)
- day of arrival cleaning confirmation text, sent 1pm to owner & cleaner
So in a nutshell, would be awesome to simply have the ability for scheduled texts to be sent to a configurable group, in the same way it's possible with emails. Texts are easy to act upon, hard to miss, and having them be sent at specific times ensures everyone is aware and can act if there isn't a response ....

Kismet Prop
Aug 6, 2019 2:37 PM
Joined Sep, 2018 23 posts

That would be great...also if they update the CLEAN field. that would be great too!

Paul W
Aug 6, 2019 2:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Thanks for the feedback and additional wishlist items. We are itching to work on notes, events, maintenance, cleaning and many workflow items. Airbnb API and some other things have taken a lot of resources right now.

Chris A
Oct 15, 2019 12:26 PM
Joined May, 2019 17 posts

Adding something that works like Resort Cleaning would be good. That way the cleaners could get a daily report on cleanings needing done and schedules. Etc....

Rich S
Oct 16, 2019 7:22 PM

@Chris A - have you used Resort Cleaning? I got the demo and liked the product, but my cleaner (she has 8 employees) isn't too keen on adopting it.

Dori123
Nov 21, 2022 11:00 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

Fyi, I'm have automated text going to my cleaners the day prior to each departure. You can do this with the existing triggers and sms functionality.