Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is there any plan to auto channel bridge Airbnb daily or weekly?

Ken T
May 18, 2021 12:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

The Airbnb API is now available to all, with no min-property restrictions. The only remaining need for Channel Bridge is to bring in payment information, and Airbnb has scheduled that feature to be added to the API sometime this year. Naturally, we'll support that ASAP as soon as it's available.

This being so, there doesn't look to be any real need to try to make Channel Bridge run automatically.

Tufan B
Jul 24, 2019 12:36 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 32 posts

I am all set with API's for all other main platforms but not with Airbnb. Is there any plan to do a auto channel bridge for Airbnb since there is currently no API for it?

Paul W
Jul 24, 2019 11:06 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Yes there is (a plan to auto/background it) but that's in the future because it's fairly complicated. Remember that Channel Bridge runs as a browser extension locally (on your device) so it would mean having a running background process on thousand of users' devices at the same time, each of which could get out of whack.

FYI - last month we were finally approved for Airbnb API integration, and we are currently waist deep working on it. It is a full (2 way) integration just like we have for HomeAway. We are looking to test beta users on it probably end of Q3 or beginning of Q4.

JTVRs
Jul 25, 2019 12:59 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Any potential problems beta testing? Wouldn't mind, unless it might impact my bookings.

Chris Hynes
Jul 26, 2019 8:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The integration will be fully functional by the time we open up the beta, but as in any beta there is a higher possibility of bugs we haven't found yet.

Will mark you down on the beta list to contact when that time comes.

Sasquatch
Jul 30, 2019 11:43 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 18 posts

Chris, add me to that list please. I would like to beta test it as well.

Scott J
Jul 31, 2019 12:59 PM
Joined Mar, 2019 167 posts

Please put me on that beta list, too!

Paul W
Jul 31, 2019 10:17 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Noted on both Sasquatch and Scott.

Tufan B
Aug 1, 2019 11:32 AM
Joined Oct, 2018 32 posts

I would like to be a beta tester too, if possible.
Tufan

Chris Hynes
Aug 1, 2019 7:44 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I've added you on the list.

Sharfunnisa Q
Dec 12, 2019 2:32 PM
Joined Jul, 2018 15 posts

I just sent in a support question for this.

I could even use this for every booking. I use channel bridge after every booking (and airbnb is the worst since it only sends dates to owner rez)

Please-Please create this feature.. for Christmas :)

Thank you

Ken T
Dec 12, 2019 2:37 PM

It isn't looking optimistic for being able to automate Channel Bridge, because of increasing security restrictions and the way it has to operate as a browser plugin. While theoretically technically feasible, automating it would be not as stable and reliable as it would need to be to not annoy the heck out of everybody.

But the good news is, for Airbnb at least the API is out of beta and has no minimum-property restrictions. We recommend that every OwnerRez user who lists with AIrbnb to switch over to using the API right away, unless there is a specific reason why this won't work with your business workflow.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb

Ken T
May 18, 2021 12:43 PM

The Airbnb API is now available to all, with no min-property restrictions. The only remaining need for Channel Bridge is to bring in payment information, and Airbnb has scheduled that feature to be added to the API sometime this year. Naturally, we'll support that ASAP as soon as it's available.

This being so, there doesn't look to be any real need to try to make Channel Bridge run automatically.