Experience the difference of "Elite".

An app for owners and guests

Tufan B
Jul 5, 2019 12:26 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 32 posts

I wonder if there is an app for OwnerRez for hosts and for guests.

I have ownerrez at my phone but an app for owners could be more user friendly.

Also have you thought of a guest app. Where they can send messages directly to the hosts from the app. They can see the address, wifi info, their door code, garage code, checkout instructions, check-in instructions, Area recommendations etc. Such an app would have made it great experience with the guests.

Chris Hynes
Jul 5, 2019 6:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, a guest app is a good idea for sure. We do have plans for that, but they're fairly far out based on some other priorities like channel integration that we're working on right now.

There are third party guest apps like https://touchstay.com/ that have some of those features.

sunchic vacation
May 6, 2021 7:30 AM
Joined May, 2021 20 posts

I would also be very interested in OwnerRez creating a simple digital guest app integrated where each booking creates a unique page for the guest before, during, and after checkout to be a one stop page for key information. The PMS I just left had something very simple and allowed the host to configure all the information to one URL for the guest. A unique page is ideal to allow the top to welcome the guest individually with their name, have their unique door lock code show (option to only show starting day of check in), attach items like a community gate/ visitor's/parking pass, and highlight widgets like weather, affiliate links to local services, and include the information from the house manual/rules including the check in/out information and arrival instructions, wifi code. This can also include a request for review and have a communication section that ties into the OwnerRez inbox. Some of these features are more important than others from my perspective, since there are partner applications out there. But the Door code, wifi, and house manual as a click from URL would be helpful. I can add a link to a static page of a house manual, but would need guidance to create unique pages to link to as an automated or templated message if I did this myself to personalize the guest guide with their name, door code, check-in/out dates, etc. Probably a way to create these on a cloud drive, but don't want to manually update a URL to point to the right files everytime if this is a guide available before and after checkout. Open to ideas to build this, but I'm not a coder to utilize the available information that exists and APIs.

BlueMtnCabins
May 6, 2021 1:11 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I would not want an app. there are way too many apps already and I quit installing them on my phone, and I am sure so did many customers.
What would be really neat though is some sort of hyperlink to a page dynamically generated for particular booking that pulls together info like check in/out times, wifi password, directions, house rules, amenities etc. Sort of brief autogenerated welcome page. Does not have to be an app. The link could be texted /emailed to guest and they click on it an page opens.

sunchic vacation
May 6, 2021 2:17 PM
Joined May, 2021 20 posts

This "link" is what I was trying to convey. Nothing to download but a unique page per guest as a hyperlink.

BlueMtnCabins
May 7, 2021 12:51 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

sunchic vacation said:

This "link" is what I was trying to convey. Nothing to download but a unique page per guest as a hyperlink.

That- yes

Kelly M
Aug 18, 2021 10:54 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 26 posts

Yes, I would love this if it was a link and not an app you have to download (similar to TouchStay).

PacViewLodging
Aug 29, 2021 12:31 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 74 posts

Not an app but a "guest view" via a webpage with a unique URL that could be sent to them specific to their booking... Things that they could access from the unique webpage might include:
1. Property Details Page from the website
2. A guest view of the Booking - Unit Details / Pricing / Payments, etc...
3. For direct website bookings the ability to Cancel (following rules similar to OTAs for cancellation and refunds)
4. The ability for them to add or remove Optional Surcharges and Discounts - add a pet fee, add a returning guest discount, etc..
4. Property Specific Information and Videos - perhaps through custom property fields that are grouped with a tag. We would like to support videos here.

Lydia & Mike E
Aug 31, 2021 9:54 AM
Joined Jun, 2021 1 post

Why not do a deal with touchstay for a group discount?