Experience the difference of "Elite".

Reports - Compared to Previous - Calculate/Show Difference

Sasquatch
Jun 22, 2019 10:35 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 18 posts

Is there a way to search the feature requests? Not sure if this has been suggested before...
When I run reports and compare to previous time periods, I like the red/down and green/up arrows that give me a quick view of whether or not I'm doing better or worse. However, I'd like to know 'how much better', without having to do the math. Perhaps the calculation between old and new data points could be displayed beneath or beside the arrow?

Sasquatch
Jun 22, 2019 10:41 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 18 posts

And since we're on the topic of reports... it sure would be great to be able to export them to .pdf, or some other format that actually displays the report in a way that it can be pasted into an email or some other type of document to share with people. I know I can export the data to excel, and then there's probably a way in there to rebuild the graphs, but that's a lot of work and prone to error.

And let me take a moment to wish out loud...
How about a custom field for reports so I can insert one right into an email template. e.g. PM Owner Statement - display occupancy rate for the month compared to last year.

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 22, 2019 1:08 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

when you run a report, there is a radio button "compare to previous".

Chris Hynes
Jun 23, 2019 1:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you hover over a cell, it will show you the exact change. You can also export to Excel to see all of the details.

PDF is a good idea -- in the meantime, most browsers let you print to PDF. So if you go to a report and print to PDF that should give you what you're looking for on the display with chart.

Inserting reports into owner statements is another good idea, but it might be better done as just giving access to those reports on the portal. We don't let you do that on any report yet, but check out the portal access permissions -- we've recently added an owner dashboard option that shows owner revenue and occupancy YOY as of today. That may give you what you want right off.