Experience the difference of "Elite".

Allow for true owner signature of rental agreements

Rich S
Jun 7, 2019 5:31 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

My rental agreement states the RA isn't binding until both guest and owner sign and guest makes initial payment. How can I as owner sign the document?

Would like to have a method as the owner to electronically sign, so that it looks similar to the info captured for the guest (time/date stamp + IP address)

Chris Hynes
Jun 8, 2019 4:03 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The best way is to brand the RA with your signature. You already agree to it obviously, so then you just need the guest signature.

Another alternative is to use the Request e-Signature link yourself to sign a copy of the agreement (and make sure not to update the guest contact info). Then you'll have two separate signed copies, one for your signature and one for the guest's signature.

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 4:36 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Hmm. For my long term rentals, I don't present them with a signed agreement until they are paid, all requirements met, and they signed. Technically now, they have my signature even if they are deficient in some way.

Or am I missing something here? I want their signature as part of the process with payments made, all required guest signatures collected, govt ID presented, etc. I don't want them to have my signature first...?

Chris Hynes
Jun 8, 2019 8:02 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

For direct bookings, the guest will sign the agreement during the reservation process. If you want to turn that off you can, and then not give them the rental agreement to sign until they have completed everything else. Same thing for channel bookings, give them the signing link as the last step once you've got everything else completed from them.

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 8:06 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

OK - I was also commenting on whether the guests should have my signature before they even signed and/or fulfilled the other requirements such as timely payments.