Experience the difference of "Elite".

Tax calculation

Tufan B
Apr 21, 2019 8:17 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 32 posts

Every month calculating tourist tax (for Florida Panhandle) and occupancy sales tax is a lot of work for me. The data however is in Ownerrez and I was wondering if there is a way Ownerrez can calculate the tax to be paid by calculating cash method. Currently there is a tax report but when I look at each booking individually, it does not look like it is correct. It does not match the payments I collected. I would love to see a report module where it looks to all the bookings and calculates gross sales including tax (by looking at the actual bookings and actual tax percentage rate from the property settings) and calculate gross sales without the tax per property. Each channel can be manually configured for example by selecting Tripadvisor channel as receiving cash 2 days (configurable) after check-in, arirbnb channel as receiving cash 2 days after check-in, homeaway receiving cash 3 days after booking is made, direct receiving cash after 2 days booking is made etc. If all these are configurable then gross sales without tax can be very easily calculated and would save us owners lot's of calculation errors and time.

Chris Hynes
Apr 25, 2019 7:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The Tax report in cash mode basically prorates the total tax charges on each booking across the payments and refunds for that booking, imputing the tax on the date of the payment. Since we don't have tax remittance tracking currently, you have to enter negative charges for refunds to make the report total up correctly.

If you can identify a booking and the discrepancies you're seeing, I'll look into it and see what the reason is for that.