Ken T
May 18, 2021 5:07 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Igloo locks are now supported by RemoteLock, which OwnerRez integrates with:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/integration-resortlock-door-locks

Pedro T
Apr 9, 2019 12:33 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 49 posts

Being a predominantly AirBnB host I'm sure I'm in the minority of Ownerrez users but after trying several options for *good looking* contemporary locks that would automate codes to my guests I've settled and been very pleased with igloohome locks. What I especially like about them is that they do not require a communication protocol to function or generate codes past their initial set up via bluetooth. This helps preserve battery life and doesn't leave you needing to use a Z-Wave or Zigbee hub, guests to download apps to enter or even a WiFi connection to operate. Once your AirBnB listing is assigned to the lock it algorithmically generates a code for the guest utilizing the dates of their stay.

It would be great if Ownerrez could provide the listing details which would allow ownerrez users to use these locks to automatically generate codes across multiple OTA's.

Paul W
Apr 11, 2019 9:45 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Pedro, thanks for the suggestion! Do you know if igloohome has an API or provides access to third party apps? I took a look and it looks like it works similar to ResortLock and eRL where there is no internet connection necessary. If that's the case, we should be able to add it as a supported lock type to our Door Lock integrations. Then, OwnerRez would generate the codes automatically as part of the booking, talking to the ingloohome API. If you're a customer of theirs, reach out and see if they have developer docs they will share. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Pedro T
Apr 11, 2019 10:10 PM

I'm actually very excited by your post. I reached out to my main contact there: Matthe Ng. He said they do offer API's and a few other things that are over my head. He asked I pass along his contact info:
matthewng@igloohome.co

Please do keep me updated if this moves forward at all. Appreciate it.

Chris Hynes
Apr 12, 2019 10:10 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Great! I reached out to Matthew to see what the path forward for the API would be.

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 14, 2019 8:47 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Is that an algorithmic lock like erentallock? erentallock already integrates.

Paul W
Apr 15, 2019 1:46 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Yes, it's time based like eRL.

Pedro T
Apr 15, 2019 3:16 PM

Like I said, I'm looking for good looking locks :D

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 15, 2019 7:28 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I am not sure what "good looking" means when it comes to locks. In my book reliability is the most important. . I have 3 erentallocks, they use couple of Schlage models each in 3 different finishes. I used non motorized version because as you said it preserves the battery. Mine are BE 365 type. very reliable.

Ken T
May 18, 2021 5:07 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Igloo locks are now supported by RemoteLock, which OwnerRez integrates with:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/integration-resortlock-door-locks