Experience the difference of "Elite".

Add historical booking data someplace (maybe ribbon?)

Rich S
Mar 7, 2019 8:07 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I find myself looking at the ribbon and wondering for a given month how many nights were booked in past years.

Not sure how this might be implemented:

A) A report could obviously show it, but takes mouse clicks and discipline to look at it
B) (preferred) Add a mouse hover bubble to the ribbon, so that hovering over the property shows historical info by year

example when hovering over a property name in the ribbon

......................YEAR............Nights:....Rented....Vacant......TotalRent
.....(on track)...2019.............................. 7..............2 ............$2,123
.......................2018...............................23............7............ $4,555
.......................2017...............................27............3 ............$4,333
...................... 2016...............................15..........15.............$1,955

Seems to me this would add a gamification element to OR.... we're all trying to get more rented days each month, and knowing how we're doing compared to past years could help with deciding whether to increase advertising, or lower rates, etc.

Chris Hynes
Mar 7, 2019 9:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

That's an interesting idea! Not sure if it would work in the ribbon -- that could take some number crunching and we want to keep the ribbon faaaaast. :-D

We do have a compare with previous in the reports section -- look at the booking summary report for example and tick the "compare with previous" box. You can pick a year to compare with, and also an as of date if you want to see how you're doing this year compared with last year as of today (or the first of the month or whatever).

Rich S
Mar 7, 2019 9:27 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Just have a cron job that runs nightly and assembles a simple report for each property for the current month. Would be fine to ignore changes from the current day. Then the hover bubble should just fetch and display. That can't be too costly I'd imagine.

As a hardware guy I say this is just smop (simple matter of programming) ;-)

Chris Hynes
Mar 10, 2019 7:33 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, we could warehouse some of it, but it could still get cluttery on the UI side. We're designing a dashboard area with reports like that -- I think that would be a great landing page to come in and see the stats as you get to work.

Denise A
Oct 14, 2019 11:22 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 9 posts

Plus one vote