Experience the difference of "Elite".

HomeAway Tax Handling

Adam B
Dec 11, 2018 4:16 PM
Joined Oct, 2017 4 posts

With the new HomeAway Tax withholding being implemented in Florida it would be nice to further filter Taxes based on Booking Details. I tried using seasons, but it messed up all my rates. I try to keep my line items to a minimum as guest freak out over too many lines.

Example:

Sales Tax - (6% + [County Discretionary] + [County Tourist Tax]) - Applies to all bookings, except HomeAway/VRBO on or after 12/01/2018
County Tourist Tax - Applies to all HomeAway/VRBO bookings on or after 12/01/2018

Paul W
Dec 11, 2018 5:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 826 posts

Yes, we plan to add Booking Criteria (dates, length of stay) to Taxes just like it is on Surcharges. This would allow you to turn off VRBO/HomeAway but also create another one that allows it **before/after a certain date**. That would allow Channel Bridge to bring in old bookings properly WITH the tax but not for new ones. We don't have an ETA on getting that out but we've wanted to add it for other reason as well (eg. longer bookings shouldn't be taxed at all as most municipalities see >30 day bookings as long term residential stays).