Experience the difference of "Elite".

Sync on demand

Ken T
Oct 30, 2020 12:54 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

The different APIs work differently, so some of them can have sync timing controlled more directly than others. Airbnb will usually sync right away, but VRBO has to wait until their server polls us, which can be awhile. In that case, really what we're doing is setting a flag indicating that they *need* to sync with us, but it won't *actually* sync until they come 'round and ask if we have anything new for them.

So this feature is already provided to the greatest extent possible with the technology in use by each API connection.

Sherene M
Oct 29, 2018 11:56 AM
Joined Jan, 2018 27 posts

I would love a "Sync calendars now" button maybe under the Tools tab. Quick and easy to find. Sometimes I just need to know a transaction has been added or cancelled right away.
Thanks!

Paul W
Oct 30, 2018 7:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

That actually exists already, though it's a bit buried. Go to the property > calendar import > click the calendar import (VRBO or Air) and then click the Sync Now button. To be clear, this is only for pulling stuff INTO OwnerRez, not pushing out to other sites.

Paul W
Oct 30, 2018 7:57 PM

I like the idea of having a general Tools > Sync Everything is pretty cool. Good idea. 👍 That might frustrate our engineer team though, lol

Sherene M
Oct 30, 2018 8:01 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 27 posts

Yes I have found the buried tool occasionally, but can never find it when I really want to. Usually because I'm in a hurry, that would be why I'm needing a quick sync : ) . Thanks

MB
Dec 26, 2018 3:52 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 23 posts

Paul, is there any way to push reservations to other sites? I added a reservation today thru OR and before it synced with VRBO, I got a reservation request for the dates.

I ended up going to VRBO, cutting my calendar sync link, pasting it again, and clicking 'save.' Did the job, but it would be nice if it could be easier/more automatic.

Paul W
Dec 27, 2018 11:09 AM

Only if we have an API/partner integration with the channel - and we do for several. Our API integration for VRBO is coming out soon. We have a pilot group of users in place that we're starting testing with right now. When that's done, the availability will push to VRBO immediately as soon as bookings occur in OR. That already happens with Booking.com, TripAdvisor and CanadaStays.

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 27, 2018 11:21 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Paul W said:

Only if we have an API/partner integration with the channel - and we do for several. Our API integration for VRBO is coming out soon. We have a pilot group of users in place that we're starting testing with right now. When that's done, the availability will push to VRBO immediately as soon as bookings occur in OR. That already happens with Booking.com, TripAdvisor and CanadaStays.

only if you have 5 or more properties for TA and VRBO, correct?

Paul W
Dec 27, 2018 11:41 AM

Yes, although there are users who have whined and fussed enough and gotten VRBO to put them in PM mode even with 2 or 3 properties. That's rare though, so don't count on it. For users with less than 5 properties, we're continuing to expand our Channel Bridge options so that you can push/pull content quickly. We just released an Airbnb rate push for that and VRBO rate push will be coming soon. Content (photos, amenities) are coming and some other things.

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 27, 2018 12:09 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Thanks, I am not so concerned about content/photos, mostly rates.

Casa By The Sea
Mar 4, 2019 9:07 AM
Joined Feb, 2019 6 posts

Booking.com API has not synced in 19 hours even though changes have been made. How do I get it to sync now.

Admin - Getaway
Oct 30, 2020 10:37 AM
Joined Sep, 2020 13 posts

What about just a shortcut to that tool that is really easy to find. That would seem pretty simple to add?

Ken T
Oct 30, 2020 12:54 PM

The different APIs work differently, so some of them can have sync timing controlled more directly than others. Airbnb will usually sync right away, but VRBO has to wait until their server polls us, which can be awhile. In that case, really what we're doing is setting a flag indicating that they *need* to sync with us, but it won't *actually* sync until they come 'round and ask if we have anything new for them.

So this feature is already provided to the greatest extent possible with the technology in use by each API connection.

TJ H.
May 26, 2022 9:46 AM
Joined Jan, 2022 1 post

Is this feature still there? I don't see a sync now button.

Ken T
May 26, 2022 12:14 PM

It's an option in the Action dropdown button.  But as noted, with Vrbo it's not "sync now", and there is no situation where it should be regularly used.  It's only there for debugging and clearing errors.