Experience the difference of "Elite".

Support for multiple locks on a single property?

Tim K
Oct 23, 2018 10:56 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

I think I asked this by email, but can't find it (hence my decision to use the forums instead of email anymore!).
Are you guys working on the ability to support multiple locks (erental lock) on a single property? I have a duplex that I often rent both units together. Right now, I have a couple of custom code fields (upstairs and downstairs) and I manually add codes for each booking so that my email template can combine two codes into one email. It would be nice if we could assign multiple locks to a property.

Thanks,

Tim

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 23, 2018 12:15 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Tim K said:

I think I asked this by email, but can't find it (hence my decision to use the forums instead of email anymore!).
Are you guys working on the ability to support multiple locks (erental lock) on a single property? I have a duplex that I often rent both units together. Right now, I have a couple of custom code fields (upstairs and downstairs) and I manually add codes for each booking so that my email template can combine two codes into one email. It would be nice if we could assign multiple locks to a property.

Thanks,

Tim

If I remember correctly then yes, ERL supports multiple locks on same property. You need to look in their hep files.

Chris Hynes
Oct 24, 2018 9:22 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

eRL does, but we don't yet. We have plans to do it, but it takes a bit of work so you can name locks, get a merge field with a list of codes, etc.

For now, the custom fields is the best way to go.

Tim K
Mar 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Chris,
Any thoughts on a workaround for multiple property locks? I set up custom fields so that my automated emails can send the codes, but I am looking for a way to generate the codes instead of having to do it one by one and then copy them to the custom fields.

Tim

Chris Hynes
Mar 22, 2019 5:40 PM

There's no way to do the auto generate for multiple locks yet, but that's moved up the priority list a lot. We're going to start on the multi lock feature next month (as well as a couple of other additions like Kaba) and it should be out by sometime in May.

Trident P
Apr 8, 2019 9:13 AM
Joined Feb, 2017 15 posts

That sounds GREAT!

Tim K
Jun 18, 2019 4:05 PM

I know cleaning and SMS were delayed....any news on this feature?

Chris Hynes
Jun 20, 2019 9:21 PM

Coming very soon! Almost done with dev and out for testing in a week or two, so I'd peg it as early July.

1ofaKindBeachHou
Aug 9, 2021 3:37 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 1 post

Chris Hynes said:

There's no way to do the auto generate for multiple locks yet, but that's moved up the priority list a lot. We're going to start on the multi lock feature next month (as well as a couple of other additions like Kaba) and it should be out by sometime in May.

Chris, I need the abilty to auto-program three locks on one house with the same code this week, and then two separate codes next week (one for upstairs and a separate one for the downstairs portion). Which locks and OR compatible software can do this?
Matt

Chris Hynes
Aug 9, 2021 5:04 PM

The locks that support assigning codes can program the same code for multiple locks: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/door-locks-technical-functional-differences -- that's currently RemoteLock and Brivo.

The other locks do support the same scenario with separate codes and multiple programming for a given property/booking, but you'd end up with three different codes in the one property scenario as the other lock types can't share codes between locks.