Experience the difference of "Elite".

RATES Widget

Sloanish
Jul 14, 2018 9:02 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

The Rates Widget tends to have a weird order of display when inserted into my website.
If I define a season for a special rate and want it up top it doesn't display there.

Chris Hynes
Jul 14, 2018 10:03 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The rates widget is ordered by date.

Can you describe a bit more about what you're looking for on special rates in your scenario and how that would match with a date ordering?

Sloanish
Jul 14, 2018 11:07 PM

I want to use recurring dates as much as possible but I also need to use specific dates.
The behavior appears to look at the recurring first (which don't have years) and then the specific dates which do have years. So the order is odd.
I think that if you can dynamically add the proper upcoming year to the recurring and then sort that might fix it.

See my calendar
https://captainmorsehouse.com/booking/

Chris Hynes
Jul 17, 2018 10:22 AM

Mmm... That's a good one. It was actually already adding a year, but it was adding this year. What you actually want to do is look at the date and see if the season end has passed as of today. If not, use this year for sort. If so, use next year for sort.

We just pushed up a hotfix for this. How's it looking now?

Sloanish
Jul 17, 2018 3:22 PM

Better but with some of the same issues as before but just with May and Memorial day still at the bottom
https://captainmorsehouse.com/booking/

I noticed that when in season if you sort by period it does not sort the way one would expect.
In rates by season it sorts correctly now.

I put in a feature to have the filter stay on (sticky) until the user changes it. Moving back and forth from seasons to rates wipes out the filter settings.
I also would like to see a ribbon filter so you can adjust them without opening the filter dialog box

Chris Hynes
Jul 17, 2018 4:09 PM

Which season is out of date order?

Sloanish
Jul 20, 2018 10:59 AM

I think it is working now.
Which sites will my rates sync with? HA, VRBO, AirBNB?

Chris Hynes
Jul 20, 2018 5:48 PM

Sweet!

Rates sync with booking.com right now, and there is an Airbnb push in beta. We're working on HomeAway.