Experience the difference of "Elite".

Custom fields shown in booking list

James W
Jun 28, 2018 12:28 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 9 posts

It would be nice to be able to see my custom fields in my booking list. I manually create a lock code and a slot that my lock manager software uses to store it. I would like to be able to see in my booking list if I have set the code and for which slot for all my bookings at a glance, rather than going into each booking individually having to select the custom fields. Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Jun 28, 2018 12:29 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We don't show them in the booking list currently, but if you go to the Reports section and pull a Date Range Stay Report, you can see them there.

James W
Jun 28, 2018 1:07 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 9 posts

Got it. That worked. Thanks. But I ran across another problem I have encountered before in specifying a date range. In this case, for the report, if I click in the end date box and select a new date on the calendar popup, it puts it into the start date box. I have to manually re-enter the start date and then the end date to get the right range. I also ran into this when attempting to extend a booking for one night previously.

Chris Hynes
Jul 11, 2018 2:10 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, that calendar picker is a little finicky. What's actually happening is that the first click is the start date and then second is the end date -- even though the calendar is below the end date box, the first click is still setting the start date because you can pick dates in either box.

If you want to change just the end date, first click in the end date text box which will set you to end date picking mode, then click on the calendar to pick it.