Experience the difference of "Elite".

Add Long Term Rental Feature

Conoly S.
Nov 1, 2017 8:49 PM
Joined Oct, 2017 1 post

My company manages both long term and vacation rentals. I understand this is a vacation rental software, but I need to operate two separate systems for my business, and it would be very helpful to add in long term properties to this software that I can track my tenants information as well and provide owner reports to those long term rental owners.

Chris Hynes
Nov 1, 2017 9:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

OwnerRez is oriented around short term rentals, but there's nothing keeping you from making longer term bookings in the system, or multiple one month bookings depending on how you want to do it. You can alter charges, schedule or record additional payments etc. and override built in rules on a quote or booking basis.

We have clients using OwnerRez for longer term bookings in the number of months, although I'm not sure if there are any doing multiple year bookings.

Are there any particular issues you're running into with the long term bookings? I'll either be able to point you to a solution or outline the limitations of OwnerRez for the long term, depending on the issue.

Sloanish
Dec 18, 2018 3:56 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

Is there a way to add two tenants to a lease so both need to sign and archive their agreements?

Paul W
Dec 19, 2018 11:31 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Sure, you would send the second tenant the same Renter Agreement link (booking > Legal > Request > send that URL) and tell them to fill in their own POC info and then sign. That would generate another signed agreement.

Sloanish
Dec 19, 2018 12:28 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

If the emails for Sam and Mary are both under Sam's reservation I see how that would work.
Does POC mean Point of Contact? Does that change the reservation from being under Sam to being under Mary?
It seems that they would need to somehow have One Main and One secondary address record.
I would test this out but I don't think there is a way to delete the lease that would be generated.

Chris Hynes
Dec 19, 2018 12:42 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you want to show a secondary point of contact on both leases, leave the primary one as the contact on the booking. Then add a secondary POC name using a custom field: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance

If you want to try it out first, create a test booking for yourself and work through the flow using the signing links. Then cancel it out and walk the guest through the same procedure on their booking.

MyGCR
Aug 30, 2021 4:28 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 17 posts

Hi, we also manage both short and long term renals and I think this is becoming more and more common with Covid and the large number of people who are now free to work online from anywhere.

We have tried using OR for long term rentals, by entering Rent as the total of the 12 monthlys rent amounts combined, then we created a payment schedule that breaks the full-year amount into 12 monthly payments however the system does not allow us to set up reminders for the upcoming payments due (monthly rent) the reminder only allows us to remind the guest/renter of the full remaining amount owing, which is of course confusing. Each month we want to email them a reminder of their next monthly rent payment which is due.

I think creating a "next payment due amount" and a "next payment due on (date)" fields would help make the system more flexible for longer-term and yearly rentals.

Also, a field that inserted all future scheduled payments would also be helpful - currently, you can only include all past payments.

If you have any other ideas on how long term rentals can be successfully implemented with the current set up I woudl love to hear about it. We are open to any and all ideas.

RISE C
Feb 14, 2022 1:32 PM
Joined Jun, 2021 1 post

As other's have mentioned, there doesn't seem to be a way to set reminders for future monthly payments for long term bookings. If that could be added, it would be very helpful! 

Dori123
May 4, 2022 7:10 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

Agreed! I would love to see this functionality.

Ventura County V
Jun 7, 2022 1:48 AM
Joined Mar, 2022 115 posts

Automated billing reminders would be nice, even for STRs where you have split payments.