Experience the difference of "Elite".

couple of enhancement ideas

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 20, 2017 10:26 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

1. can be done pretty easily since OR already provides payment link. Offer "payment plan" i.e ability to split payments for reservation at least x months away into 3 payments or monthly, with a small 'convenience" fee , say $5, for each.

2. Ability to use a field in post departure email that reflects "service fee" guest paid to OTA. There is a field already where owner can record an OTA fee, I suppose could be re purposed, but not available to use in template. i want to be able to send something " Please remember to book direct next time! If you booked direct instead of booking via {VRBO, AIRBNB etc}, you would have saved yourself ${service fee amount}.

Chris Hynes
Sep 20, 2017 11:19 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

#1 is a good idea. We have a to-do list item we're calling "payment schedules" that would allow creating that list of amounts and due dates rather than just the first and second payment as it is now. If you're using credit cards, you can sort of hack around that for now by scheduling payments on the booking -- you can make however many scheduled payments you want. But we're planning to officially support that so it shows up on the checkout and works for other payment types.

#2 if you're pushing it into a template, what about using a custom field on the booking? It wouldn't be on the charges page, but you would be able to populate it and use it in the template.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 20, 2017 11:36 AM

Chris Hynes said:

#2 if you're pushing it into a template, what about using a custom field on the booking? It wouldn't be on the charges page, but you would be able to populate it and use it in the template.

yes that would work, I have to add a custom field on booking level and populate it time of booking ? then it will be visible to be added to the email template?

Chris Hynes
Sep 20, 2017 11:38 AM

Yep! As long as you populate it on the booking before the email goes out it'll be included.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 20, 2017 11:45 AM

Chris Hynes said:

Yep! As long as you populate it on the booking before the email goes out it'll be included.

is there a field I can use in templates for "Listing site"? i see it on imported bookings but don't see it on booking fields list?

Chris Hynes
Sep 20, 2017 1:41 PM

We just added this for you. Now you can use {BSOURCE} to pull the name of the listing site set on the booking in email templates and renter agreements.

Also added {ISOURCE} for inquiries.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 20, 2017 3:41 PM

Chris Hynes said:

We just added this for you. Now you can use {BSOURCE} to pull the name of the listing site set on the booking in email templates and renter agreements.

Also added {ISOURCE} for inquiries.

Great, thank you so much!

Sloanish
Oct 12, 2018 3:56 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

I really need 3 payments for my leases. This is a year old - any chance this feature will be done soon?

Chris Hynes
Oct 12, 2018 8:33 PM

You can do scheduled payments on the booking, but not a full payments schedule for quotes and offline payments.

Once we round the corner on our channel integrations, which has been the focus this year, we'll be moving on to new things like full N payment schedules.

Sloanish
Oct 13, 2018 11:27 AM

By "offline payments" you mean them sending me a check or wiring funds?
I think I want to avoid credit card payments due to charge backs and the fees.
In any case payment schedules should be consistent regardless of payment methods.

cp9293
Oct 16, 2018 5:11 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Would ZELLE option be included in this?

Paul W
Oct 16, 2018 9:48 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi everyone,

Yes, things like Zelle would be part of "custom instructions" payment method where you tell the guest how to pay you in some other/offline way. You are then responsible for making sure you get that payment and record it in OwnerRez as a manual payment on the booking.

Norman, credit card processing does occasionally have its headaches, but without it, you use lose a lot of power and automation. We highly recommend configuring credit card processing. Chargebacks are extremely rare and typically non-existent if you vet guests well and have good communication records.

We are planning on updating our payment schedules for supporting multiple (and for check or any type of payment) but there is no current scheduled ETA for that.

Sloanish
Dec 29, 2018 9:11 AM

Multiple payment options?
1/3 at time of lease
1/3 180 days out
balance 90 days out

HA now has 3 payment options but does not support more than 90 days out

Chris Hynes
Jan 4, 2019 8:38 AM

Yep, the multiple payments is in the dev queue. Don't have an ETA yet though.