Experience the difference of "Elite".

Travel Agent Commission tracking

Randy Juneau
Jul 28, 2017 8:33 AM
Joined May, 2012 36 posts

I am starting to get more bookings from travel agents. It would be nice to be able to allow the travel agent to identify themselves on an inquiry. And then also keep track of the commissions due to them when the trip is over. A name address and phone number field and then a trigger similar to a security deposit release at the end of the trip to remind me to send the commission would be awesome.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 28, 2017 3:03 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Randy Juneau said:

I am starting to get more bookings from travel agents. It would be nice to be able to allow the travel agent to identify themselves on an inquiry. And then also keep track of the commissions due to them when the trip is over. A name address and phone number field and then a trigger similar to a security deposit release at the end of the trip to remind me to send the commission would be awesome.

have you tried to enter them as 'listing site fee" section on each booking?

Chris Hynes
Jul 29, 2017 1:16 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You could track name, address, phone number in custom fields. And then commission in the listing site fee section like BlueMtn suggested. There's no way to do a trigger for that yet so you'd have to do that manually, but you could have a template for that at least. Sounds like it would be useful to have some trigger criteria based on custom fields -- like trigger only when field isn't empty.

Randy Juneau
Jul 29, 2017 1:31 PM
Joined May, 2012 36 posts

Thanks guys for your help! Yes, the listing site fees helps for sure. Will take a look at doing the triggers well.

Chris Hynes
Jul 29, 2017 1:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Great! To be clear, triggers based on custom fields isn't something we have yet -- you'd have to send the emails using Email this Guest right now.

Or... actually, we have scheduled emails that could work for this. When you enter the commission contact info on the booking, also go over to the Emails tab and schedule the email. You've got to add the scheduled email manually, but that way it will automatically go out based on the date you select.