Experience the difference of "Elite".

Field Code for Cell Number

Janice T
May 10, 2017 11:55 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

I would like to have a field code for guest's cell number. I ask guests to verify their cell number since I use the last 4 digits as their door lock code. It would be helpful to be able to add this field code in email templates, especially if I use a trigger with that template.
Thanks for considering this request.

BlueMtnCabins
May 10, 2017 12:48 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Dont they supply their phone on reservation?

Janice T
May 10, 2017 1:31 PM

Yes, guests usually do supply that number. But, I would like to be able to include their cell number automatically in an email that I send out using a trigger. Otherwise, I have to go to another tab and copy the number, paste it in my email and then send manually. Also, some people just leave the field blank, but I need that number in case I need to contact them during their stay.

Example:
Your reservation information lists your cell number as {guestcellnumber}. Please let us know if this number is not correct since we use the last 4 digits of this number as your door code during your stay.
(wording is off the top of my head... haven't composed the actual yet)

Leigh P
May 12, 2017 8:25 PM
Joined May, 2016 1 post

I would like this feature also. Like Janice, I use the last 4 digits of the guest's cell as their door lock code.

BlueMtnCabins
May 15, 2017 8:02 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I assume it is correct..Unless they volunteer to tell me otherwise. No issues so far, but I also no longer use cell # for the key code - I use erentallock and that generates unique code for each renter - I have no control of actual digits in that code.

Michelle J
May 15, 2017 9:49 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Janice,

Is there a reason you can't use the booking field codes for guest phone number that are there right now? Talking about these:
That isn't specific to the **cell** number of course, but you could use the multi code to show all the numbers you have on file and then word it like so:

"The code is the last four digit of your phone number. We currently have this list of phone numbers for you:

{CPHONE}

Please try the last four digits of each of those numbers."

Not perfect, but it would allow you to automate it.

Janice T
May 18, 2017 1:53 AM

Thank you for the reply, Michelle. While your idea is feasible, I will just send the message manually for now and copy/paste their cell number in the door code information.

Janice T
May 18, 2017 2:01 AM

I'm sure erentallock is a great option, but using the guest's cell number has worked well for me. I never get calls from guests about forgotten door codes :)